• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tralee and Dingle RPS, Kerry Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Is this the line that was inactive a couple of years ago (2012 I think?) due to the only running steam loco being out of use?

Good to hear it's coming back :)

savagethegoat

That's the one but it's been shut down since 2006 I think. Diesle haulage to start with as overhauling 2-6-2t No 5T will be a big (read expensive) job

Techniquest

Veteran Member
savagethegoat:2266081 said:
That's the one but it's been shut down since 2006 I think. Diesle haulage to start with as overhauling 2-6-2t No 5T will be a big (read expensive) job

Ooh diesel haulage!

I wish everyone involved luck in the huge job, hope it all goes well!

savagethegoat

Yeah, not ideal....no doubt if a spare steamer came on the market, there would be interest in it!

5Ts boiler is said to have a crack in the throat plate area.

recent photo

2a513s1.jpg

Last edited:

CarltonA

I was on this line in 1995. There was a Beyer Peacock loco plus some uncomfortable coaches with hard suspension. It was nevertheless an enjoyable run down to Blennerville.

savagethegoat

Update.
We are held up currently awaiting the agreement of the line's owners to us taking over rebuilding and operating.

On the plus side, a survey of 5T has shown the cost of overhaul to be far less than thought and this will be treated as a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.