• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

M60lad

Regarding double deckers, it might have been answered before but is there a reason why despite how busy some trips get why deckers aren't used on B3 Bronte Bus service to Hebden Bridge?

Considering how busy some trips get deckers would certainly be a good idea and also surely the route would be ideal for a double decker considering how scenic parts of it are.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edvid

Established Member

SCH117X

Established Member
One of the demo E400EVs (AD24 BEV) is doing rounds on the 36. I presume Transdev's 19 are still some months out with ADL manufacturing the Oxford models first.

Post 3999 above "When the new Enviro 400EVs enter service at Harrogate in the summer..."

Aaron Ashton

I think there are unrealistic expectations if you think buses from 2017 need replacing
You've got to remember, the 464 Versas are the only ones in Transdev which have the same Mercedes-Benz/Daimler engine you would find in a Solo...having been a driver on the route, the engine isn't up to standards for the loadings/demands it was specified for.

johntea

Established Member
It seems Harrogate bus station is having the infrastructure put in place for the electric fleet so will be closed daily after 7pm Sunday - Thursday evenings from 21/04 - 23/05

Transdev have also knocked together a pretty poor 'map' of the alternative stops!

Closure of Harrogate Bus StationSunday to Thursday evenings after 7pm, from 21 April - 23 May
Harrogate Bus Station will be closed daily each Sunday to Thursday after 7pm from 21 April to 23 May.

All buses will run at the usual times, but from our temporary stops. See your alternative stops below.

GLXlvRpWYAATGPr.jpg

johntea

Established Member
It just doesn't seem to actually be of much use to someone who may not know the Harrogate area too well

The list below provided to the Subscription...err Stray Ferret is perhaps more logical and could have been included in the image

Services 1 and 7:

From Harrogate to Leeds: The Odeon, Harrogate
From Leeds to Harrogate: Asda, Harrogate

Services 2 and 3:

Asda, Harrogate & Cheltenham Crescent, near West Park

The 36:

From Harrogate to Leeds: Library Gardens, Harrogate

SCH117X

Established Member
Seems quite clear to me - 36 and A2 on road between the bus and rail stations where the MoD and few North Yorkshire Council operated service stop albeity these days unmarked, and the services down the road which the 1,7 and 36 approach the bus station on which was used back when the the original bus satiuon was used What is not clearly stated are the stops being missed out by 2 and 3 as the 2s route is shortened and hence will be missing out the stop by Asda while the 3, unless it does a time consuming turn round, will be missing out the Library and that near Bettys.

It just doesn't seem to actually be of much use to someone who may not know the Harrogate area too well

The list below provided to the Subscription...err Stray Ferret is perhaps more logical and could have been included in the image

Services 1 and 7:

From Harrogate to Leeds: The Odeon, Harrogate

Services 2 and 3:

Asda, Harrogate & Cheltenham Crescent, near West Park

The 36:

From Harrogate to Leeds: Library Gardens, Harrogate
That list is a load of rubbish, the 2 and 3 cannot serve Asda and it otherwise addresses what other stops are being used beyond the temporary ones shown on Transdevs map. As a map that is perfectly correct and should be able to followed.

Last edited:

RustySpoons

It seems Harrogate bus station is having the infrastructure put in place for the electric fleet so will be closed daily after 7pm Sunday - Thursday evenings from 21/04 - 23/05

Transdev have also knocked together a pretty poor 'map' of the alternative stops!

View attachment 156699

Took me a while to work out the perspective, but even though i've not been to Harrogate for a number of years once I worked it out it was fairly easy to understand. I'm sure a local will have no issues.

Andyh82

Established Member
Considering the temporary stops are a few feet away from the bus station, I hardly think there will be mass confusion

Seems to be criticism for the sake of it, as per.

SCH117X

Established Member
I think more confusion will by passengers heading to the stop by Bettys for a 3 given the 36 to Ripon will be using it. Really should have the 3 terminating with the 36 and A2 so it keeps its normal route

RustySpoons

There'll more than likely be notices up in the bus station and staff milling around to point people in the right direction, but considering it's only in the evenings I don't think it'll cause that much of an issue.

JD2168

View attachment 156699

I am thinking with this that most of the late journeys each day will be Diesels with no opportunity charging available in the Bus Station for the electrics. The map is ok to use. It is better than a list of stops other operators use.

SCH117X

Established Member
Definately the 2 and 3 will be a B7RLE, quite common anyway given the seven currently available Volvo Electrics have a 100% availability requirement in the peaks so one duty at least is often a B7RLE, or a B9TL, which if its that which is the evening 2 and 3 it works despite Electrics becoming available. Realised that interworking is why the 2 and 3 are allocated the same temporary terminus. However, that could still be with the 36 so both services retain their normal route.