• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

WAB

An oddity that I’ve noticed this evening. The X98/X99 timetable (https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/media/zpzjpue4/231004-x98-x99.pdf) lists a 22.59 and 23:59 bus making a six minute journey around the Ainsty estate before finishing just six minutes later. What’s going on?
The stops on the estate are considered to be part of the southbound route, but are just part of the loop at the northern end of X99. Those two services are the last northbound services serving the stops on the loop itself before running light to the depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

An oddity that I’ve noticed this evening. The X98/X99 timetable (https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/media/zpzjpue4/231004-x98-x99.pdf) lists a 22.59 and 23:59 bus making a six minute journey around the Ainsty estate before finishing just six minutes later. What’s going on?
They're previous journeys from Leeds that terminate "after" the Ainsty loop rather than beforehand.

If you look at the Leeds to Wetherby direction you'll see the exact same timings, but shown as a through journey from Leeds.

Looking at the timetable the loop is duplicated both Wetherby-bound and Leeds-bound, presumably so passengers who live on the loop can see buses back from Leeds and to Leeds without having to work it out themselves?

Stan Drews

Established Member
They're previous journeys from Leeds that terminate "after" the Ainsty loop rather than beforehand.

If you look at the Leeds to Wetherby direction you'll see the exact same timings, but shown as a through journey from Leeds.

Looking at the timetable the loop is duplicated both Wetherby-bound and Leeds-bound, presumably so passengers who live on the loop can see buses back from Leeds and to Leeds without having to work it out themselves?
Perfectly sensible, and widely done by operators who still produce printed timetables and not just automated times from their software, which isn’t capable of showing a loop ‘twice’ in this fashion.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member

RustySpoons

For anyone wanting a final oppourtinity to guarantee a B10, some info from Paul Turner, Transdev's Commercial Director...

To commemorate the 25 years of service by Blackburn’s Volvo B10BLEs and their impending retirement we will host a two day event.
Saturday 15th June will see all available B10s working Valleyline to Clitheroe and Shadsworth giving the chance to ride on as many as possible.
Sunday 16th June will involve a ‘route tour’. Two buses will run together between 10am and 530pm covering a number of routes with links to B10s. Photo opportunities will be provided and there will be a lunch stop in Blackburn.
For both days normal fares and tickets will be valid.

Note this is not a ‘last day’ - some B10s will carry on for a little longer but we thought it sensible to plan the event while we still have enough left.
I tried to format the above quote with the correct paragraphs, but for whatever reason no matter what I tried it kept splitting the quote!

Seems that the B10s are becoming increasingly problematic, so I can't see them being around for long after this event.

Although they're the last B10s in service with Transdev, would I be right in saying that there aren't any B10s in frontline service anywhere else in the UK?

Leedsbusman

For anyone wanting a final oppourtinity to guarantee a B10, some info from Paul Turner, Transdev's Commercial Director...

I tried to format the above quote with the correct paragraphs, but for whatever reason no matter what I tried it kept splitting the quote!

Seems that the B10s are becoming increasingly problematic, so I can't see them being around for long after this event.

Although they're the last B10s in service with Transdev, would I be right in saying that there aren't any B10s in frontline service anywhere else in the UK?
The B10s are being withdrawn when the ex Rosso Streetlites enter service as I understand. They seem in regular use so not sure they are problematic.

Transdev also has three on schools in Keighley and there are a few with independents.

Swimbar

Perfectly sensible, and widely done by operators who still produce printed timetables and not just automated times from their software, which isn’t capable of showing a loop ‘twice’ in this fashion.
Can somebody please explain how this is sensible - posted on a Bus Stop on Ainsty Road, Wetherby. The Saturday 0649/0749 to Deighton Bar is actually the same bus, from the same stop, as the 0653/0753 to Leeds without it moving a wheel.

Attachments

• Ainsty Road Wetherby.jpg
    Ainsty Road Wetherby.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75

Leedsbusman

Can somebody please explain how this is sensible - posted on a Bus Stop on Ainsty Road, Wetherby. The Saturday 0649/0749 to Deighton Bar is actually the same bus, from the same stop, as the 0653/0753 to Leeds without it moving a wheel.
It’s wrong. Have you told Metro?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
There's so many mistakes with Metro timetables.

The 903 times are particularly bad. They go from Keighley, loop round Silsden and then to Airedale hospital, so many stops on the loop are served by buses in both directions. The times are all in one list whichever direction they're going with the destination being "Silsden Circular". The 66, 866 and 903 have no timetable at Keighley bus station (for 5 weeks now, including the start of the new Transdev Keighley to Malham 866, which seems to be a secret as it's not listed at any stop.

SCH117X

Established Member
Rather belatedly I noticed timetable cases and a inbound flag (a North Yorkshire Council one) have appeared at the Oak Beck stop on the new Harrogate route 4 ; the old small Harrogate & District flag remains for the outbound. Presumably come July 59 timetables will appear in the cases with the reopening the A59 expected at the end of June.

Class 466

Established Member
It was very good of the all new app to send me 4 notifications telling me it’s a bank holiday today.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Unfortunately the notice suggests checking their website which lists the 64 and a variety of school routes as running today and lists the Monday timetable for all the routes I've looked at.

Last edited:

Ken H

On Moderation
Unfortunately the notice suggests checking their website which lists the 64 and a variety of school tours as running today and lists the Monday timetable for all the routes I've looked at.
Which 64? Skipton - Ilkley. Didnt realise it didnt run today. Thanks

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
With 873s also linking Ilkley and Skipton (with more trips than the 864).
Yes, the 864 only has 1 return journey between Skipton and Ilkley.

It was very good of the all new app to send me 4 notifications telling me it’s a bank holiday today.
The app decided to send me a notification today (Wednesday) telling me that today is a Bank Holiday.

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Yes, the 864 only has 1 return journey between Skipton and Ilkley.
There's 2 from Skipton, 3 from Ilkley. 1 in each direction is part of the full length Bradford - Malham trip. Oddly none of the other 864 trips between Skipton and Malham connect with 864s to/from Ilkley.

So 864 and 873 have 6 each way between them between Ilkley and Skipton (with an additional Skipton - Embsay short in each direction).

Last edited:

Seehof

Is there any news as to the retendering of York local routes 24, 25 and 26? Is it definite that Transdev will not be bidding for them or any other local York routes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Leedsbusman

Is there any news as to the retendering of York local routes 24,25,26? Is it definite that Transdev will not be bidding for them or any other local York routes?
None that I've heard, just lots of rumour. I doubt any bidder would reveal their intention to bid or not - but then Transdev did partner in York's Zebra2 bid for tendered services, which might imply they are interested.
https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/ would normally have something of this scale on it.

None that I've heard, just lots of rumour. I doubt any bidder would reveal their intention to bid or not - but then Transdev did partner in York's Zebra2 bid for tendered services, which might imply they are interested.
https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/ would normally have something of this scale on it.
Transdev’s interest was hingeing on the zebra bid from what I understand

stevieinselby

From what I can gather, they put in a speculative Zebra2 bid but it was conditional on York Council awarding them an 8-year contract because they said the service was so marginal that they needed it guaranteed for that length of time to justify the investment. Understandably, the council were not keen on being tied into such a long contract!

Leedsbusman

From what I can gather, they put in a speculative Zebra2 bid but it was conditional on York Council awarding them an 8-year contract because they said the service was so marginal that they needed it guaranteed for that length of time to justify the investment. Understandably, the council were not keen on being tied into such a long contract!
If the council were not keen why did they submit a Zebra2 bid which included that condition?

If the council were not keen why did they submit a Zebra2 bid which included that condition?
To be seen as making a positive change…

… I believe York thought their chances of getting more zebra funding were slim after the full electrification of First with round 1 funding

SCH117X

Established Member
The rumours are from Transdev being stated as losing money on the York locals. Doesn't stop them putting a bid in put but clearly it would be asking more funding than before to operate them.
A bit of a U turn at Starbeck with at least one B7RLE having an advert applied to its engine cover. Presumably this 2007 one that is going to be kept when the electrics arrive for the 21 and X98/X99.

Leedsbusman

The rumours are from Transdev being stated as losing money on the York locals. Doesn't stop them putting a bid in put but clearly it would be asking more funding than before to operate them.
A bit of a U turn at Starbeck with at least one B7RLE having an advert applied to its engine cover. Presumably this 2007 one that is going to be kept when the electrics arrive for the 21 and X98/X99.
It was reported in York's council report that operators were losing money on contracts - both Transdev and Connexions referenced here.

Its 2+2=5 to assume that means either would decide not to bid again. Its curious why some here are so certain they won't bid.

In https://democracy.york.gov.uk/documents/s173275/Local Bus Service Updates Report.pdf: the council quote below suggests they are well aware prices will rise.
A number of existing supported bus service contracts are due to expire in 2024 and, due to high rates of inflation in recent years, are expected to be significantly more expensive to renew due to not having been marketed tested for 3 or more years. Without making changes to the way some contracts are packaged or to routes, frequencies and/or operating hours, it is expected that the current supported bus network would become unaffordable and have to be reduced significantly.

RustySpoons

Wonder if this is the advertisting bus sponsorship they were on about last year some time...

It is strange seeing a Transdev vehicle with third party advertising. Something very rarely seen over the past 20+ years!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Wonder if this is the advertisting bus sponsorship they were on about last year some time...

It is strange seeing a Transdev vehicle with third party advertising. Something very rarely seen over the past 20+ years!
It's not been rare on the backs of buses in Keighley (though there are more that advertise themselves).

YorkRailFan

On Moderation

York & Country do it, there's one E200MMC with an advert for GC Rail on the back.

SCH117X

Established Member

No thats the John Lewis etc weaved into the branding some on 36s and Coastliners, and possibly the more in your face Your Harrogate on 1838.