• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Andyh82

Established Member
Whoops - X41 not mentioned - a lot of readers will be thinking thats part of the Bee Network.
The X41 doesn’t serve neither Bury or Rochdale and it’s not run by Rosso either so I don’t see why people would think that

Doesn't look like there's much point in keeping the Rosso brand much longer...

Changes at Rosso from 24 March

Aside from keeping the Rossendale Rovers brand for the 10, 11 and 12 the rest are basically Blackburn/Burnley services anyway.
Is this not exactly the same conversion that happened yesterday and that you took part in, so why are you shocked by this article?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andyh82

Established Member
Though Rosso put it in their list of routes.

“Many of our routes in Bury & Rochdale will become part of the Bee Network from this date. Our only routes in these areas which will not become part of the Bee Network are the 464 and Irwell Line”

Oh that must mean the X41 that runs between Accrington and Manchester serving neither Bury or Rochdale, must therefore be becoming part of the Bee Network?

That’s a bit of a stretch even for this thread that likes to invent fake confusion

SCH117X

Established Member
“Many of our routes in Bury & Rochdale will become part of the Bee Network from this date. Our only routes in these areas which will not become part of the Bee Network are the 464 and Irwell Line”

Oh that must mean the X41 that runs between Accrington and Manchester serving neither Bury or Rochdale, must therefore be becoming part of the Bee Network?

That’s a bit of a stretch even for this thread that likes to invent fake confusion
Er to everyone who has commented re my remark on the X41 look at the second service listed on Rossos list of routres

Ashly_Jethro

Er to everyone who has commented re my remark on the X41 look at the second service listed on Rossos list of routres
The point is the article only mentions services in Rochdale, Bury, and Rossendale. Not Manchester or Accrington.

Not only that, by your logic, Blackburn must run Irwell line as not only is X41 on there but so it Irwell Line!

Rosso lists x41 because it runs alone other Rosso services. And is a relevant service to mention as part of its network.

Last edited:

JetBlast

Regardless of the technicalities, if people here are confused the public will be.

Ashly_Jethro

Regardless of the technicalities, if people here are confused the public will be.
There’s a difference between confusion and being pedantic. All the article says is their Rochdale and bury services will become part of the bee network excluding 464 and Irwell line. And that the rossendale rovers services are getting time table changes.

It’ll be like saying if Burnley announced changes to their colne services and people suddenly start asking about X43 , M1/2 and the locals.

SCH117X

Established Member
Thats the point - the web page goes on to list buses in Rossendale. it would be quite simple to have also

X41 Accrington, Haslingden & Ramsbottom to Manchester - No change

Leedsbusman

Thats the point - the web page goes on to list buses in Rossendale. it would be quite simple to have also

X41 Accrington, Haslingden & Ramsbottom to Manchester - No change
But it’s an article about changes. Why would something that is not changing appear.

RustySpoons

Is this not exactly the same conversion that happened yesterday and that you took part in, so why are you shocked by this article?
Pretty much, I was just posting the additional info from Rosso's website. Not sure why you got the impression I was shocked by it.

Though Rosso put it in their list of routes.

I wonder if it's an 'unofficial' Rosso service, in that despite it being a Blackburn service it's actually run by Rosso drivers? If Rosso drivers are still on lower pay than Blackburn drivers then it could be a way of making the service more financially viable. Purely speculative!

Leedsbusman

Pretty much, I was just posting the additional info from Rosso's website. Not sure why you got the impression I was shocked by it.

I wonder if it's an 'unofficial' Rosso service, in that despite it being a Blackburn service it's actually run by Rosso drivers? If Rosso drivers are still on lower pay than Blackburn drivers then it could be a way of making the service more financially viable. Purely speculative!
It’s included because it serves the same area as the 481 and 11 between Haslingden and Helmshore and the 464 into Accrington. It’s no different from Hotline appearing in the Burnley website, M4 and 502 on Keighley etc.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It’s included because it serves the same area as the 481 and 11 between Haslingden and Helmshore and the 464 into Accrington. It’s no different from Hotline appearing in the Burnley website, M4 and 502 on Keighley etc.

It's only very recently that the M4 and 502 have been included on the Keighley site, despite me suggesting it for the M4 many times over the last decade - and they're listed after even the couple-of-services-a-day routes run by Keighley (but before the school routes).

Leedsbusman

It's only very recently that the M4 and 502 have been included on the Keighley site, despite me suggesting it for the M4 many times over the last decade - and they're listed after even the couple-of-services-a-day routes run by Keighley (but before the school routes).
Indeed, I was told it was a limitation of the Passenger website configuration that tied the list to operator codes, rather than the geographic basis Transdev wanted. A work around was eventually created but still seems a bit clunky with the full eastern half of Mainline listed rather than just the M4.

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
I can understand why M4 is put near the bottom, because it starts with a letter and not a number, but not 502 as they even show DalesBus services before 502.

RustySpoons

Indeed, I was told it was a limitation of the Passenger website configuration that tied the list to operator codes, rather than the geographic basis Transdev wanted. A work around was eventually created but still seems a bit clunky with the full eastern half of Mainline listed rather than just the M4.

I wonder if the new host (Rise Media if memory serves me correctly) allows Transdev more freedom to have things how they want?

YorkRailFan

On Moderation

We know how important it is for us to run on time for you, and as traffic congestion worsens, we are launching a new timetable this Spring to make sure we're running as reliably as possible for you.

We'll be introducing a brand new timetable on Coastliner - we'll still run every 30 minutes between Leeds, Tadcaster, York and Malton during the day, hourly to Pickering and Thornton-le-Dale and hourly to Scarborough - plus buses every 2 hours to Whitby. Some early morning and evening buses which currently serve Malton will now finish at York, to best reflect the numbers of customers travelling, but we'll now be running an hour later from Malton to York in the evening.

New timetables will be available to download shortly.

When does Coastliner move fully to York Depot? As I wouldn't be surprised to see these changes and Coastliner moving fully to York happen simultaneously.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCH117X

Established Member
I understood Malton was staying open but with a reduced allocation.
York has lost all its North Yorkshire Council tenders with them going to East Yorkshire from 7 April so not exactly York and Country any longer
From 7 April, there will be some changes to Castleline, 22/23 and the 194 as these routes move to a new operator due to contract changes from North Yorkshire Council. The routes will be taken over by East Yorkshire.

Castleline will become the 81, with a few minor timetable changes.

22/23 will become the 82 and 83 between Ripon and York and the 182 between Ripon and Knaresborough with a few minor tweaks to times

The 194 will have slight changes to times too.

For more information, visit the East Yorkshire website.
While Harrogate has lost the 8 to "21 Transport" but ironically retained the 21. There is also a new Harrogate local service 4 amongst various timetable tweaks.
In partnership with North Yorkshire Council, with funding from the housing developer, the new 4 will link King Edwin Park, the Army Foundation Park and Harrogate West Business park with the town centre. It will run every hour 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday and also serve Skipton Road and Ripon Road.

6 and X6 will merge to provide an all day service to Pannal Ash, RHS Harlow Carr and Beckwith Knowle. It will run every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday and hourly on Sundays. At peak times, there will be extra buses so we're running every 20 mins. The route will change on Otley Road and in Pannal Ash so we pick up on the opposite side of the road - this follows customer requests.

It's so important that we can run as reliably as possible for you - so we can do this, we'll be changing some of our other timetables too, also from Sunday 7 April.

1 Harrogate - Knaresborough

There will be a full timetable change from Monday to Saturday - buses will still run every 10 minutes.

2 Harrogate - Bilton

We'll be making a few changes to our buses at peak times on weekdays.

3 Harrogate - Jennyfield

We'll be making a few changes to our buses at peak times on weekdays.

8 Harrogate - Knaresborough - Wetherby

This route will be run by 21 transport from this date on behalf of North Yorkshire Council. Transdev tickets will now longer be valid. Please see the North Yorkshire Council website.

21 Knaresborough - Boroughbridge

We'll be making a few changes to our timetable to improve reliability.

24 Harrogate - Pateley Bridge

36 Leeds - Harrogate - Ripon

S1 Ripley - Rossett School

We'll be starting a new school bus serving from Ripley to Harrogate Grammar and Rossett School. Customers in Jennyfield who currently use the 620H should switch to the S1.

S2 and S6 Bilton - Rossett School

The S2 and S6 will be merged into a single route which will follow the route of the regular 2 bus around Bilton. A large double decker bus will be provided which is sufficient for all customers.

S8 Woodlands - Rossett School

620H Dacre - Rossett School

The 620H will be run by another operator on behalf of North Yorkshire Council – sorry we don’t yet know who this is. The bus will no longer serve Jennyfield but please use the S1 instead.

727H Jennyfield - Harrogate Grammar School

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyh82

Established Member
It’ll become clear how many boards are moving to York and how many are staying at Malton when the new timetable comes out. I assume Malton will only be keeping enough buses that actually fit in the garage rather than parking most of them outside in the bus station

I wonder if the new timetable will ever be released on the current website as it’s being phased out at some point this month

Delenn

It’ll become clear how many boards are moving to York and how many are staying at Malton when the new timetable comes out.
It is really sad. Hearing lots of stories about how bad things are and what might happen. Shame the new MD seems to have lost everybody: Coastliner used to be a decent place to work. I wish the drivers all the best in whatever comes to them.

Andyh82

Established Member
It is really sad. Hearing lots of stories about how bad things are and what might happen. Shame the new MD seems to have lost everybody: Coastliner used to be a decent place to work. I wish the drivers all the best in whatever comes to them.
Although if you go back in time in this thread we were always told (quite frequently by some) that most staff disliked the previous MD as well.

Delenn

Although if you go back in time in this thread we were always told (quite frequently by some) that most staff disliked the previous MD as well.
Yeah, but the previous MD wasn't trying to close Malton. This is a whole new level.

RustySpoons

Yeah, but the previous MD wasn't trying to close Malton. This is a whole new level.
The difference is the new MD has to balance the books because of the previous CEOs overspending.

It's an awful situation and there aren't any real winners.

There are rumours from a couple of different sources within the industry (these are just rumours) that Transdev are gearing up to sell the operation on if drastic improvements aren't made soon, hence all the cuts and changes at the moment. Again, these are just rumours, and although they've not come from the usual armchair enthusiasts they are still just rumors and could actually be false!

SCH117X

Established Member
Seems to me what they are doing is perfectly logical and should have been done years ago. There is a lot of empty running or excess in service running east of Malton and moving a number of buses to Rawcliffe cuts that down so that the longest would be Rawcliffe to Tadcaster rather than Malton to Tadcaster.

Spoke to one of my mates at Transdev York/Malton this morning. Apparently it’s all up in the air again about coastliner to York.

There have been rumours (and I stress that it is only rumours) that East Yorkshire are interested in the new Rawcliffe depot and the Transdev York operation as a way to get into York, which the head of EY commercial (ex-FirstYork) wants

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
Spoke to one of my mates at Transdev York/Malton this morning. Apparently it’s all up in the air again about coastliner to York.

There have been rumours (and I stress that it is only rumours) that East Yorkshire are interested in the new Rawcliffe depot and the Transdev York operation as a way to get into York, which the head of EY commercial (ex-FirstYork) wants
That explains why EY has been aggressively bidding for Transdev's York operations.

WAB

I've heard this on the grapevine too. It seems logical enough, but would be another dent in the number of firms competing in York and North Yorkshire. York Pullman is now controlled by First, and both Connexions and Arriva Selby are vulnerable to West Yorkshire franchising. There really aren't many other firms locally, and Transdev and East Yorkshire are the two main players these days alongside the council and First.

Ashly_Jethro

The difference is the new MD has to balance the books because of the previous CEOs overspending.

It's an awful situation and there aren't any real winners.

There are rumours from a couple of different sources within the industry (these are just rumours) that Transdev are gearing up to sell the operation on if drastic improvements aren't made soon, hence all the cuts and changes at the moment. Again, these are just rumours, and although they've not come from the usual armchair enthusiasts they are still just rumors and could actually be false!
I spoke to someone from within the company (can’t remember who now) but I think with the drastic cuts already made, in combination with growing numbers on retained services and some overheads going back down, the company is already back in the black (not taking into account the losses from 2022 I assume, but this fiscal year) that’s the picture they had anyway.

There could well be individual operations still not preforming as expected like malton I suspect but as a whole Blazefield seems to be in a lot more financially secure position than it was just over a year ago.