• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
OK, so close but not quite too high. Has anyone made a decker below 4m?

3.91m ok?

Not sure if there''s a Left Hand Drive version.

The Alexander Dennis Enviro500 SuperLo is the low-height solution that is ideal for interurban and commuter routes.
Capable of carrying up to 81 passengers, its height has been reduced by eight inches without any reduction in the ceiling height of the upper deck.

Passenger access is improved too with a three inch reduction in the chassis profile giving the Enviro500 SuperLo an extremely low, flat floor. This means easier access for wheelchair users, plus a large space for seated passengers.

Height 12’10” (3.91m)

SCH117X

Established Member
Lower double deckers have existed in the past - there was a railway overbridge on a route used by four operators in Nottingham that had a bridge marked as 13'6" and the low height Atlanteans and Fleetlines provided by Northern Counties to one of those operators had a height of 13'2" - 4.013m

AlastairFraser

Established Member
Lower double deckers have existed in the past - there was a railway overbridge on a route used by four operators in Nottingham that had a bridge marked as 13'6" and the low height Atlanteans and Fleetlines provided by Northern Counties to one of those operators had a height of 13'2" - 4.013m
Are there any for sale on the market in the UK currently?

M60lad

Regarding Langho Bridge how high were Bristol VRs that Clitheroe Depot had (when it was open)? I'm sure back in the day that some 225s (Clitheroe-Bolton) used to use the odd decker and went under unless I'm wrong which I apologise for.

SCH117X

Established Member
Suspect its largely changing passenger expectations why no really low height double deckers exist today; typically the inetrnal headroom is limited to around 5'10". Note that Enviro 500 is stated as
reduced by eight inches without any reduction in the ceiling height of the upper deck.
No mention of lower deck.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Regarding Langho Bridge how high were Bristol VRs that Clitheroe Depot had (when it was open)? I'm sure back in the day that some 225s (Clitheroe-Bolton) used to use the odd decker and went under unless I'm wrong which I apologise for.
13’8 (or 4.2m) for standard VRs.

Ribble did have a pair of ex Potteries ultra low height VRs (13’5) but don’t think they were at Clitheroe particularly

Leedsbusman

13’8 (or 4.2m) for standard VRs.

Ribble did have a pair of ex Potteries ultra low height VRs (13’5) but don’t think they were at Clitheroe particularly
Yes low height double deckers regularly ran under the bridge but that was before the height restriction was revised to a mandatory 13’0” from the previous advisory limit. I believe this coincided with the return of regular passenger rail services.

Ant158

Stagecoach Ribble did use VR's and sometimes Olympians on the 225. The problem with the bridge is that at some point work was done on it, or the height clearance was reclassified which then prevented the use of double deckers.

Regarding low height double deckers, the Enviro 400 MMC Stagecoach have on the 555 in Cumbria are possibly height?

Back to the Ex Rosso Streetlites, will these receive Blackburn Bus Company livery or other colours?

Ken H

On Moderation
Stagecoach Ribble did use VR's and sometimes Olympians on the 225. The problem with the bridge is that at some point work was done on it, or the height clearance was reclassified which then prevented the use of double deckers.

Regarding low height double deckers, the Enviro 400 MMC Stagecoach have on the 555 in Cumbria are possibly height?

Back to the Ex Rosso Streetlites, will these receive Blackburn Bus Company livery or other colours?

Would the width of newer double deckers make the bridge impassable? If its an arch bridge it could make a difference.

Ashly_Jethro

Would the width of newer double deckers make the bridge impassable? If its an arch bridge it could make a difference.
It’s a steel straight bridge so wouldn’t have mage a difference anyway. The one in billington is a stone arch but is tall enough for the deckers anyway

SCH117X

Established Member
Having them replace the 02 plate B10s I can completely understand, can’t see an issue with them being used for 2/4, especially if frequency gets tweaked as a result. 1755 I think should stay, it’s one of the best eclipses Blackburn has given its extensive refurb in 2018, it’s currently fully kitted with WIFI, NSA, and USB with led aisle lighting, more than what can be said for the 58 plates. Can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of 1700.
Todays updated West Yorkshire Information Service fleetlist, accessible via www.wyis.org.uk, indicates that 1700 is the only B7RLE that will be withdrawn.

Leedsbusman

Today’s updated West Yorkshire Information Service fleetlist, accessible via www.wyis.org.uk, indicates that 1700 is the only B7RLE that will be withdrawn.

but they contradict that at the top by referring to B7RLEs (plural) which is copied the director said on Facebook.

Blackburn Volvo B10BLE 1100 has been withdrawn. Rosso Wright Streetlites 612-9 are all destined for Blackburn after refurbishment, where they will replace the remaining Volvo B10BLEs and early B7RLEs.

SCH117X

Established Member
but they contradict that at the top by referring to B7RLEs (plural) which is copied the director said on Facebook.
True but the number of Streetlites equate to the number of B10BLEs withdrawn/to be withdrawn plus one other vehicle.

Ashly_Jethro

True but the number of Streetlites equate to the number of B10BLEs withdrawn/to be withdrawn plus one other vehicle.
That would be a relief if that was the case. But unusual for Paul not to have specifically said 1700. Plus, he could also have meant the 07 plate potn eclipse as the rest of the ex Irwell lines are getting withdrawn, hence the plural.

Leedsbusman

Wait and see is probably the best outcome (or ask) but given it says 1100 is withdrawn before the it says the Streetlites will replace the remaining B10s then that could suggest 6+2.

RustySpoons

Things aren't looking good for the Transdev Go saga...

There's been a few posts across the social media platforms reminding people to download the new app and that the old one will no longer function at the end of the month. Every single response has been negative.

Whatever cost saving there is with the new app I don't think it's worth it!

Established Member
Things aren't looking good for the Transdev Go saga...

There's been a few posts across the social media platforms reminding people to download the new app and that the old one will no longer function at the end of the month. Every single response has been negative.

Whatever cost saving there is with the new app I don't think it's worth it!

Down to 1.2 stars on Google Play now, meaning at least 80% of reviews have given it the lowest possible rating. At this point you will struggle to find any app with worse reviews, like if there is it's probably a scam or something, that's how unpopular the new app is.

HarryL

The map isn't actually that helpful for finding your bus though, if you're in a busy area then it's just giving you a load of orange buses that you have to guess at to find yours. Then when you do go looking and start tapping on one the map zooms out randomly, tapping off the bus zooms it out again even further so you have to start zooming back in to find it all again. Terrible UX that doesn't bode well for it being tested.
In defence, they have addressed the random map zooming problem since this was posted. Hopefully means that they're taking feedback, should mean the orange bus problem is sorted out eventually.

The average person doesn't care what the app costs to run or who has the licence. I understand why they've done it but they really should have considered feedback before signing to it, all of the developers other apps are also largely one star rated so it shouldn't have been a shock.

RustySpoons

In defence, they have addressed the random map zooming problem since this was posted. Hopefully means that they're taking feedback, should mean the orange bus problem is sorted out eventually.

The average person doesn't care what the app costs to run or who has the licence. I understand why they've done it but they really should have considered feedback before signing to it, all of the developers other apps are also largely one star rated so it shouldn't have been a shock.
It wouldn't have been as much of an issue if they'd got the app to a useable state before releasing it. It just seems that things have been left relatively last minute, the app has been released with a load of issues and now they're relying on feedback to fix them. The app update notes are pretty basic and not very well written, though to be fair they're slightly more informative than the generic 'updates and bug fixes' you tend to get with other apps, including the old Transdev Go app.

You'd also have thought the developer would have taken on board issues raised with any of the other apps they have built and made sure they weren't repeated with a new release.

To go from a well used and well liked app with near enough a 5 star rating on the various app stores to one that barely gets a 1 is not a good move.

mattb7tl

It wouldn't have been as much of an issue if they'd got the app to a useable state before releasing it. It just seems that things have been left relatively last minute, the app has been released with a load of issues and now they're relying on feedback to fix them. The app update notes are pretty basic and not very well written, though to be fair they're slightly more informative than the generic 'updates and bug fixes' you tend to get with other apps, including the old Transdev Go app.

You'd also have thought the developer would have taken on board issues raised with any of the other apps they have built and made sure they weren't repeated with a new release.

To go from a well used and well liked app with near enough a 5 star rating on the various app stores to one that barely gets a 1 is not a good move.
Raised this concern to one of the managers on Twitter beforehand...
Told me the app was going to be 'better than the one it replaces' when it wasn't and I followed up on the thread. Blocked!
Incredible how far this company has fallen

Andyh82

Established Member
The loudest voices in this thread didn’t like the previous era of the company either and used to fall over themselves to moan and complain at the slightest thing they could find

RustySpoons

The loudest voices in this thread didn’t like the previous era of the company either and used to fall over themselves to moan and complain at the slightest thing they could find
It's not just people in this thread (justifiably) complaining about the new app, quite literally every comment you'll read on social media from regular passengers who use it day in day out are complaining about it.

Raised this concern to one of the managers on Twitter beforehand...
Told me the app was going to be 'better than the one it replaces' when it wasn't and I followed up on the thread. Blocked!
Incredible how far this company has fallen

I remember that quote. I asked how could it be better considering the current one works pretty much perfectly as it is. Was told to 'wait and see'.