• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

liamf656

Transpennine Express have yet to publish their full timetables however they have a page dedicated to these strikes

You can get an idea of what won’t be running as the following stations will have no service:
  • Middlesbrough
  • Yarm
  • Thirsk
  • Thornaby
  • Northallerton
  • Scarborough
  • Seamer
  • Malton
  • Selby
  • Brough
  • Hull

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tommy2215

That webpage is a bit misleading, Northallerton will still be served by LNER plus Middlesbrough and Thornaby by Northern so won't they won't be 'completely closed' as the webpage states.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You can get an idea of what won’t be running as the following stations will have no service:
  • Middlesbrough
  • Yarm
  • Thornaby
  • Northallerton
I look forward to the TPE service to Redcar Central express from Thirsk! <:D :lol: ;)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Timetables do appear to now be uploaded for TPE on the linked page in the opening post of this thread.

Agent_Squash

Established Member
Is frustrating that the Anglo-Scottish route doesn't go anywhere near the Scottish border - does still seem to be routing via Bolton.

DanNCL

Established Member
Despite not being mentioned on the list of closed stations, neither Chester-le-Street nor Thirsk will have any service on strike days if those timetables are correct.

SuperNova

Despite not being mentioned on the list of closed stations, neither Chester-le-Street nor Thirsk will have any service on strike days if those timetables are correct.
Because CLS isn't a TPE station. And Thirsk will be served by Grand Central.

DanNCL

Established Member
Because CLS isn't a TPE station. And Thirsk will be served by Grand Central.
It may not be managed by TPE, but they are the primary operator there and it was misleading to omit it from their list of closed stations. Most of the ordinary passengers likely won’t realise that CLS isn’t managed by TPE.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Because CLS isn't a TPE station.
That's not a particularly helpful position to adopt, is it? If Northern managed Hull, would it also warrant being left off the list?

SuperNova

That's not a particularly helpful position to adopt, is it? If Northern managed Hull, would it also warrant being left off the list?
The list comprises of TPE managed stations. Notice how other operators in the North haven’t done such a list? That’s less helpful.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The list comprises of TPE managed stations. Notice how other operators in the North haven’t done such a list? That’s less helpful.
Do you think the average customer knows or cares who manages their local station?

Of course not. If they know anything about the rail industry, they might know who operates their local service. So it hardly seems unreasonable to expect each operator to say which of the stations they normally serve are going unserved.

And comparing with other TOCs is, again, not helpful. You wouldn't justify bad customer service by saying "ah but Ryanair is worse, so just be grateful we're not as bad as them"!

SteveyBee131

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I suppose we should be grateful. Northern and Avanti apparently aren't running any trains at all !

dk1

Veteran Member
I suppose we should be grateful. Northern and Avanti apparently aren't running any trains at all !
I don’t think they can if it’s an ASLEF strike as driver managers at those TOCs are not permitted to drive trains.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I don’t think they can if it’s an ASLEF strike as driver managers at those TOCs are not permitted to drive trains.

That explains it then !

I'll be getting a lot of buses on Saturday by the looks of things.

dk1

Veteran Member
That explains it then !

Yes some have agreements where they can drive alone but with others a driver has to be present at all times that the train is in motion.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
According to the bbc, 11% of services are running. They must be running elsewhere, because they aren't anywhere around here.

YorksLad12

Established Member
That explains it then !

I'd arranged to be in Manchester on the 7th (all paid, no refunds), but have to be back in Leeds to be double-jabbed on the afternoon of the 8th. Mild panic ensuing, and hoping they run 185 doubles (do the 802s run to Man Pic?) to ease the inevitable crush.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'd arranged to be in Manchester on the 7th (all paid, no refunds), but have to be back in Leeds to be double-jabbed on the afternoon of the 8th. Mild panic ensuing, and hoping they run 185 doubles (do the 802s run to Man Pic?) to ease the inevitable crush.

Hopefully there'll be a few more running on the 8th !
Correct!

Although there are a few services to/from Leeds.

I should have taken a mini-break somewhere !

YorksLad12

Established Member
Hopefully there'll be a few more running on the 8th !
Piccadilly-York, stopping everywhere every odd hour, stopping at only a few places every even hour. I'd like to get a seat though... so might spring for First Class, which should be enforced (says TPE).

yorksrob

Veteran Member
There will, but don’t expect miracles.

Doncaster is supposedly nice this time of year

(has that sentence ever been written before? :D)

TBH, I was only expecting a very slow, roundabout service in the morning this time, but those expectations were still dashed.
Piccadilly-York, stopping everywhere every odd hour, stopping at only a few places every even hour. I'd like to get a seat though... so might spring for First Class, which should be enforced (says TPE).
Difficult to know what everyone else will do.

DeverseSam

For 5 Oct (today). The timetable showing on the website now differs to the one shown yesterday, notably on the south route. Is it likely to change again either by reintroducing services or cancelling the services in the most current timetable? Thanks

SuperNova

Totally dependent on availability of driver managers who are willing to drive the trains as whether things may change. Similar to why Sunday timetables aren't know until a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.