• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblondon

Does anyone know a rough timescale of the recruitment process for Trainee Conductor with TFW please?
I did my SCAAT 2 weeks ago and I’m waiting to hear if I got through to the next round. I was wondering when that might be and if I was successful and got the job, when the start date would likely be.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

L401CJF

Established Member
At the moment given the backlog and sheer amount they're recruiting, you'll be looking at at least 12 to 24months from the application date until a course start, possibly even longer. Courses are planned well into 2023 at the minute i believe.

tomwills98

Does anyone know a rough timescale of the recruitment process for Trainee Conductor with TFW please?
I did my SCAAT 2 weeks ago and I’m waiting to hear if I got through to the next round. I was wondering when that might be and if I was successful and got the job, when the start date would likely be.
I think it was about 3/4 weeks for a SCAAT, this was the longest as I guess they're sifting the most people. Then after that it was about a week for each one. Check the junk mail too as mine ended up there...

AgentGemini

Applied here and sent in an application on the 29th October for a recent vacancy. The vacancy was supposed to close 2nd November, but then was extended to the 9th November. When I log in, I see I'm still 'Shortlisting' but someone else was given a SCAAT test two weeks ago. Have I pretty much been rejected then? :(

L401CJF

Established Member
Applied here and sent in an application on the 29th October for a recent vacancy. The vacancy was supposed to close 2nd November, but then was extended to the 9th November. When I log in, I see I'm still 'Shortlisting' but someone else was given a SCAAT test two weeks ago. Have I pretty much been rejected then? :(
I was waiting about 4 months from submitting my application until i heard anything. That was when I received a SCAAT invite. I was then waiting another few months for an interview date, and then placed into a talent pool a few weeks after the interview.

AgentGemini

I was waiting about 4 months from submitting my application until i heard anything. That was when I received a SCAAT invite. I was then waiting another few months for an interview date, and then placed into a talent pool a few weeks after the interview.

Okay thanks for the information. Just worrying when I see other people who are ahead and makes me wonder if they just canned me.
On the other hand, does it count as a formal rejection if they don't get back to me and another vacancy comes up?

L401CJF

Established Member
Okay thanks for the information. Just worrying when I see other people who are ahead and makes me wonder if they just canned me.
On the other hand, does it count as a formal rejection if they don't get back to me and another vacancy comes up?
While your application is still in progress you can apply for other roles with them.

You may not have heard back whilst others have as they'll only be pushing certain numbers through at a time, they can only take x amount through for each course for example. So those who havnt yet heard could be being held and will be sent forward later on for a later start date etc. Don't give up hope until they've specifically said no thanks!

Kasia Asia

Hi all,
I just received email I was successful at interview!
Wondering is anyone know when potential training might start ?
Thanks

L401CJF

Established Member
Hi all,
I just received email I was successful at interview!
Wondering is anyone know when potential training might start ?
Thanks
After my successful interview the email I got said I'd be placed in a talent pool for up to 12 months and I'd be placed on a course in 2022.

As it happens I got a phone call about a month later (back in September) saying somebody had dropped out for a course in a few weeks time for a different location, but as I was in the hour commute range would I be interested in this depot instead of the one I'd applied for originally. Of course I bit their hand off at the chance, but I did have the option to stay in the pool for my original depot and was told I'd probably not be starting until late 2022 if i waited.

Depending on location, you could well be waiting until 2023 for a course, however they're in need of staff and it's a big recruitment drive. Courses have been planned well into next year now and for some locations the talent pool is apparently for up to 2 years instead of the usual 1. I know some people who only waited a few weeks in the pool and had a course offer, while others had been waiting over a year.

Well done for making it this far!

Kasia Asia

After my successful interview the email I got said I'd be placed in a talent pool for up to 12 months and I'd be placed on a course in 2022.

As it happens I got a phone call about a month later (back in September) saying somebody had dropped out for a course in a few weeks time for a different location, but as I was in the hour commute range would I be interested in this depot instead of the one I'd applied for originally. Of course I bit their hand off at the chance, but I did have the option to stay in the pool for my original depot and was told I'd probably not be starting until late 2022 if i waited.

Depending on location, you could well be waiting until 2023 for a course, however they're in need of staff and it's a big recruitment drive. Courses have been planned well into next year now and for some locations the talent pool is apparently for up to 2 years instead of the usual 1. I know some people who only waited a few weeks in the pool and had a course offer, while others had been waiting over a year.

Well done for making it this far!
Hey
Thanks for info.
During my interview was told my course should start May/ June of course depending of covid etc. Was wondering is it my space booked then or need to wait and wait ☺️
I can't wait to start TBF

kayleystrangwo

Hey, I am in the talent pool for Shrewsbury. Does anyone know out of interest the course locations? Will there be teaching at Shrewsbury or will a lot of it be in Cardiff?
Thanks in advance

L401CJF

Established Member
Hey, I am in the talent pool for Shrewsbury. Does anyone know out of interest the course locations? Will there be teaching at Shrewsbury or will a lot of it be in Cardiff?
Thanks in advance
Could be anywhere, but most likely Chester or Crewe id imagine

thematrix

Hia How did the Scaat go, did you pass? Have you been invited for an interview yet? Overall, the application process can take the best part of a year being shortlisted through different phases of the selection process which may involve waiting a few months in between phases.

After passing interview, you are normally placed in a talent pool which lasts anywhere between 1 year and 2 years. As and when vacancies arise, you will be called forward for a medical and start date for a training course. Timings may vary with application and talent pool depending on how they manage different talent pool groups for different depots. Hope its all going ok for you so far. Let us know how you are getting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.