• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - suggestions for improving satisfaction ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomos y Tanc

Moderator note: split from
But James price said all would be better when the class 175 fleet returns to service from fire repairs/preventions…..oh wait he wasn’t quite being honest to the public was he, didn’t tell the public they were actually going off lease and not being returned to service(at least not for long for those that did).
I do however still thinks things will be transformational when when all planned works and fleet introductions are completed and possibly a victim of their own success in a few short years.in the mean time the rapids are just much rougher than anticipated.
TFW really need to be more open and honest about problems, people will be more forgiving.
I agree with all of the above.

I wonder if Trans-Penines Nova 3s might ease TfW's problems when they come off-lease in December?

They might offer an improvement on the north Wales - Manchester services, for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I agree with all of the above. I wonder if Trans-Penines Nova 3s might ease TfW's problems when they come off-lease in December. They might offer an improvement on the north Wales - Manchester services, for instance.
WG/TfW have no money for extra stock, they have to live with the fleet decisions already made.
Abut the only option they have is to keep some 158s in service longer than planned.
There's still a long way to go before all their new fleets are in service reliably.

Travelmonkey

WG/TfW have no money for extra stock, they have to live with the fleet decisions already made.
Abut the only option they have is to keep some 158s in service longer than planned.
There's still a long way to go before all their new fleets are in service reliably.
Kinda a shame, I know I'm falling into soecuation territory here but some Voyagers off lease on the longer runs would free other units for the branch work. Although that'd need crew and track clearances, the Wrexham/Chester-Holyhead is with avanti its just further south may be a issue.

Caaardiff

Not a chance of TFW taking on yet another new fleet type. The order they currently have is sufficient for what the plans are. It is a shame that there isn't one consistent fleet type and on board offering on South Wales - Manchester routes, but the additional capacity of 3-5 car 197's will be most welcome.
A lot of money has gone into Mk4 modifications and upgrades and there's still an ongoing program. They are old coaches and eventually the 67's will need upgrading or replacing with something newer. Maybe down the line we'll see a new fleet type to replace these.
For now TFW has and still is going through too much training and new fleet introductions which is a huge program of change. They don't need to extend that pain any further than has already been experienced.

Krokodil

Established Member
Kinda a shame, I know I'm falling into soecuation territory here but some Voyagers off lease on the longer runs would free other units for the branch work. Although that'd need crew and track clearances, the Wrexham/Chester-Holyhead is with avanti its just further south may be a issue.
No chance. Apart from everything mentioned above, Voyagers are a very inefficient use of space and they guzzle fuel.

Envoy

Established Member
Plenty of new Class 756 tri-mode FLIRTS sitting in sidings in Barry. Why can’t they get going on the Rhymney line so that the Class 231 FLIRTS can transfer to the Cheltenham and Ebbw Vale lines?

Attachments

• TFW CLASS 756'S AT BARRY DEPOT.jpeg
    TFW CLASS 756'S AT BARRY DEPOT.jpeg
    672.4 KB · Views: 63
  • TFW CLASS 756'S AT BARRY SIDINGS.jpeg
    TFW CLASS 756'S AT BARRY SIDINGS.jpeg
    694.3 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.