• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastersunday

At this rate I can’t see Cardiff advertising for more trainee drivers. I did hear it was meant to be early this year but it’s March tomorrow. Has anyone heard anything?

ademuzzy

I have got my DMI on 7th March and I am trying to study in prep for the interview. I have used the search function to see if there is a thread specifically about the DMI but I haven't found much.
What advice can people give, in particular around lone working and answering questions on the wider team?

HollywoodFC

I have got my DMI on 7th March and I am trying to study in prep for the interview. I have used the search function to see if there is a thread specifically about the DMI but I haven't found much.
What advice can people give, in particular around lone working and answering questions on the wider team?
Think about who you would class as 'your team' on a routine basis. Be prepared to answer how you would cope with lone working.

I found the DMI at my station to be far more relaxed than the MMI, by now they are satisfied you have the skillset to be a driver, my DMI was based more around personality and how you'd fit into the station team etc.. Good luck.

LoftyTD

Hi all,
I have computer tests coming up very soon which if successful will be followed by an MMI. Im somewhat confident for the interview (any tips are still helpful) as I have prepped for plenty of time and work as a vehicle tech for a main dealer which covers large amounts of health and safety and solo work. My concern lies with the perception test and the test with the grey and darker grey squares. I've read back through a fair bit of what people have posted. Im curious as to how people who have passed found these two tests in particular. I think I will be ok with the third test with the ball and maze as I play plenty of video games.

Any advice for the second stage is greatly appreciate!

Samzino

Hi all,
I have computer tests coming up very soon which if successful will be followed by an MMI. Im somewhat confident for the interview (any tips are still helpful) as I have prepped for plenty of time and work as a vehicle tech for a main dealer which covers large amounts of health and safety and solo work. My concern lies with the perception test and the test with the grey and darker grey squares. I've read back through a fair bit of what people have posted. Im curious as to how people who have passed found these two tests in particular. I think I will be ok with the third test with the ball and maze as I play plenty of video games.

Main Tests' Overview

RL1985

Hi all,

Hi Lofty, can I ask when you found out about the computer tests? I took the written tests on 13th Feb, found out I passed these on 20th Feb and was told they would be in touch with dates for the next stage in the next few weeks, but I’m yet to hear anything.

LoftyTD

Hi Lofty, can I ask when you found out about the computer tests? I took the written tests on 13th Feb, found out I passed these on 20th Feb and was told they would be in touch with dates for the next stage in the next few weeks, but I’m yet to hear anything.
I got confirmation that I had passed the paper tests on 28/11/23, I had two or three opportunities in January to get onto the computer tests but was too slow. I then had about a month without nothing so I emailed for an update but didn't get a reply so assumed they were busy. I got my dates for the computer test and MMI on 28/02/24 and they confirmed the slot about an hour later as I was really fast.
Hope this helps!

RL1985

I got confirmation that I had passed the paper tests on 28/11/23, I had two or three opportunities in January to get onto the computer tests but was too slow. I then had about a month without nothing so I emailed for an update but didn't get a reply so assumed they were busy. I got my dates for the computer test and MMI on 28/02/24 and they confirmed the slot about an hour later as I was really fast.
Hope this helps!
Ah no, so it’s a race again for the computer test slots? I was hoping it would be easier as the process went on.
Thanks for the info and good luck with your computer tests and MMI!

Samzino

Ah no, so it’s a race again for the computer test slots? I was hoping it would be easier as the process went on.
Thanks for the info and good luck with your computer tests and MMI!
Depends on how many in your testing group have passed and how many previous stage 1 passers are awaiting dates. They could have more slots prepared in anticipation.

BOMPO83

Does anyone know how they book the dmis ? A guy i was on computer tests with has already had his. Not had a date yet

Nevermind got a date now

Last edited:

BOMPO83

Heard a rumour that tfw are pulling tje next 3 driver intakes ? Anyone know anything about it ? Apparently instructors can't keep up

Last edited:

niveknewo

This is pretty accurate

This link doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone able to repost it please