• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travelcard + Boundary Zone 6 - Valid on HS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esker-pades

Established Member
The title says it all really. If I have a travelcard and a Boundary Zone 6 to Ramsgate ticket, may I use SouthEastern HighSpeed services from St Pancras? Or would I have to pay a supplement?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Not valid, I’m afraid. HS1 isn’t within the zones at all so there isn’t a “boundary”.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Not valid, I’m afraid. HS1 isn’t within the zones at all so there isn’t a “boundary”.
A non-stop train from Kings Cross to Cambridge isn't within the zones, but a boundary ticket would be valid.
And you can get a Travelcard from Ramsgate that's valid on HS1.

thedbdiboy

A non-stop train from Kings Cross to Cambridge isn't within the zones, but a boundary ticket would be valid.
HS1 is specifically excluded from use by Travelcards, so cannot be used with any boundary zone tickets. The 'Outboundary' London 'Plus High Speed' Travelcards from Kent cannot be replicated in validity by purchasing an ordinary Travelcard plus a boundary zone ticket.

Birmingham

Yes it is; it just doesn’t stop within the zones. There’s a difference and it’s not helpful to equate the two.
An outboundary Travelcard consists of two components: a National Rail day return, and travel within the London Zones. The Travelcard from Ramsgate that’s valid on HS1 is such by way of the National Rail day return component, not the London Zones component.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This isn't a correct comparison/analogy; a Kings Cross to Cambridge train is within the zones as far as (normally) Hadley Wood; the Boundary Zone 6 ticket is valid from there.

In contrast a HS1 train isn't within the Zones at all (except you could deem it to be in Zone 1 at St Pancras) and therefore a Boundary Zone 6 ticket doesn't cover it; you need to buy a ticket there covers all the way from St Pancras (Zone 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.