• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Traveling on the central line - services from East Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawallace

so, if you are travelling on a train on the GEML, into London, and want the central line is it quicker:-

i. to get off at Stratford and then change there or

ii. to travel to LS and change there.

Are there any shortcuts to access the Central lines from these two stations. At LS I tend to go to the main ticket hall and enter via the larger Underground entrance - where you can go to Circle and Central - but someone said there was a qucker way

and at Stratford - what's the quickest way - last time it seemed I walked a mile!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

I would recommend changing at Stratford. If you sit towards the back of the train, there is a set of stairs in that area which is the quietest
subway of the 3 you could use. If you are very lucky, you may be crossed over to platform 5 and just cross the platform. Although that doesn't happen much.

If you do stay onto Liverpool Street, and it is open, I'd use the entrance next to Platform 11.

dk1

Veteran Member
If you change at Stratford, don’t forget to ‘touch in’ on the Central line platform as you won’t pass through a barrier line. It’s very easy to forget especially if a tube is in or running into the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.