• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrawsCambria / TrawsCymru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Is the T5 only getting 4 new buses.
The North Pembrokeshire Transport Forum AGM was told only 4 MetroCities, along with 3 Pulsars, an MCV Evolution and 4 Tempos. I guess the 3 Pulsars and the MCV are the ones already used by Richards Bros (one Pulsar and one MCV are already in TrawsCymru livery).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WelshBuses93

I thought the whole T5 was getting new MetroCity's? There's still no sign of the new vehicles for the T3 yet, they should arrive by the end of April or beginning of May.

Bwsbro

Departing early? Do they have GPS tracking?

They only record departure time from either Aber or Carmarthen

They do wait though in Llanrhystud, Aberaeron, Felinfach, Lampeter, Llanybydder (Southbound via Llannwnen) and Pencader

Rhydgaled

Established Member
I thought the whole T5 was getting new MetroCity's?
The online annoucements I'm aware of only ever said new buses, they never said how many. Now we know, thanks to the talk at the North Pembrokeshire Transport Forum AGM.

I'm pretty sure they also said they working towards through operation rather than passengers having to change at Cardigan, so the whole T5 service from Aberystwyth to Haverfordwest will presumably see the MetroCities*, but it will be alongside other vehicles.

* I'm not sure whether or not any of the MetroCities are currently diagrammed south of Cardigan, it is possible but it could equally still be Tempos.

Last edited:

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Timetable for service T2 has had the 'TrawsCymru' style! Looks to be a few 'minor mistakes also for the Sunday timetable...
What are the mistakes? There were a few mistakes (missing codes at the top of the column, for example the 02:15 from Haverfordwest didn't have the SUN code) on the first published version of the T5 timetable too, most of which now seem to have fixed. The code X50 is still not used though, despite it being in the codes key with the caption "Cyrchfan y siwrnai yn dangos X50 nid T5 / Journey destination shows X50 not T5". I think that code is supposed to be applied on the short workings between Cardigan and Aberaeron only.

Interesting the T2 now has a TrawsCymru timetable, and is on the TrawsCymru map, but still doesn't have its own page on the TrawsCymru website. That map is a bit odd though, most rail links are shown (except, understandably, the dense ValleyLines) but the Pembroke Dock and Fishguard branches aren't shown and the Milford Haven line only goes to Haverfordwest not Milford Haven. Stranger still is that there seems to be a short new branch line railway proposed, from Builth Road to Builth Wells...

WelshBuses93

The timetable for the Aberystwyth to Bangor has been copied onto the Bangor - Aberystwyth stating buses depart Bangor at 08:45 and 13:55 on Sundays.

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member
The timetable for the Aberystwyth to Bangor has been copied onto the Bangor - Aberystwyth stating buses depart Bangor at 08:45 and 13:55 on Sundays.

There's also a couple of places where there is a connecting service provided by The Doctor with his Tardis lol

Rhydgaled

Established Member
An update on the TrawsCymru website. The cover photo for service T5 has been changed with a photograph of the Wrightbus Pulsar YJ62JZR. :)
One less page using pictures from the T4 service then, but I wonder why they used JZR and not one of the new MetroCities.

Service T2 is now up on the TrawsCymru website.http://www.trawscymru.info/t2/
At long last... Another picture from the T4 though. I notice it says "New low floor buses", have they got at least one vehicle in TrawsCymru livery for the T2 now?

WelshBuses93

One less page using pictures from the T4 service then, but I wonder why they used JZR and not one of the new MetroCities.

At long last... Another picture from the T4 though. I notice it says "New low floor buses", have they got at least one vehicle in TrawsCymru livery for the T2 now?

Would make more sense as they're not refurbished on the T5. Not that I know of when I was out Saturday, on the T2 I noticed OmniLink CX64EMS, Versa YJ14BCZ, Solo SR YJ14BCV and Enviro200 MX13BAU, 5th vehicle unknown but most probably Solo S1EMS or CX12EMS for the 11:20 Dol-Bangor and 13:30 Bangor-Dol.

Last edited:

adey2011

Hi,

Does anyone know the registration of the new 15 registration ADL 200 Dart that Mid Wales Travel have acquired and what has it replaced please. Thanks

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Since somebody was asking about a new MWT Enviro 200, I've seen a new Envrio 400 demonstrator in Aberystwyth, I think working for Mid Wales Travel.

Bwsbro

Since somebody was asking about a new MWT Enviro 200, I've seen a new Envrio 400 demonstrator in Aberystwyth, I think working for Mid Wales Travel.

The e400 has been working for Lloyds Coaches although its now left. It was the same one that GHA Coaches had brefiely

adey2011

Ah, thanks.

-------------------------------------------
It appears there's another round of tendering for the T2. Anyone have access to more details, as were posted here last time?

It should be interesting to see how this one turns out, last time Gwynedd Council got in a merry old tangle as Lloyds and Express Motors both registered significant parts of the route and services commercially at the last minute, and who can really blame them from protecting their respective businesses from abstraction of fares on a busy commercial corridor.

WelshBuses93

Last edited:

Rhydgaled

Established Member
A first glimpse of the Scania/ Enviro400's for TrawsCymru service T3. I rather like the livery on the double decks, makes the vehicles really stand out! Registrations as followed are...
3001 SN15ETD,
3002 SN15ETE &
3003 SN15ETF.
https://flic.kr/p/tnWuCS
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Interior shots.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153375842316202&id=235026766201
Interestingly it seems to be the old-style Envrio400, not the new design of the demonstrator I mentioned a few posts back. I don't like the look of those seats, they appear to be the same horribly upright ones used on the Mid Wales Travel Aberystwyth university / national library shuttle 03 service Envrio 200. The livery does seem to look better than on the TrawsCymru single-decks though, the shade of green appears to be a bit darker which should make them look quite smart I think.

Last edited:

WelshBuses93

Indeed, at Euro5 standard. I quite like the seats personally, but to be honest, they do look really plain just light grey with the TrawsCymru motif. Should be in service beginning of June.

WelshBuses93

Last edited:

WelshBuses93

All 4 new buses for service T3 are now in service. Scania OmniLink YR14HLU is to be repainted into new GHA livery and to transfer to Shrewsbury depot.

WelshBuses93

Another feature I should add, drivers from Express Motors, GHA and Lloyd's Coaches who operate services T2 and T3 have now received special uniforms which feature a white buttoned shirt, a green tie with red and white stripes and an optional black jumper. :)

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Another feature I should add, drivers from Express Motors, GHA and Lloyd's Coaches who operate services T2 and T3 have now received special uniforms which feature a white buttoned shirt, a green tie with red and white stripes and an optional black jumper. :)
To add to this, I have seen at least one Richards Bros driver on the T5 wearing a TrawsCymru uniform. I wonder if uniforms have been issued to drivers on the T1, T4 and T9 too?

Status
Not open for further replies.