• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrawsCambria / TrawsCymru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markdvdman

They should accept Contactless. I have to buy the Day Ticket on the T1C which you cannot buy on the app but can but onboard via contactless. As far as I am aware they should ALL accept contactless!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

markymark2000

On Moderation
Does anybody know if the T3 Lloyds and T10/T19 operators accept contactless?

I'm planning to use the network this coming Sunday, and hopefully purchasing a North Wales Rover ticket.
Lloyds do accept contactless. Not sure on some of the others.

I think your biggest problem will be finding drivers who know about the ticket and know they can and how to issue it.

Bwsbro

Does anybody know if the T3 Lloyds and T10/T19 operators accept contactless?

I'm planning to use the network this coming Sunday, and hopefully purchasing a North Wales Rover ticket.
All North Wales operators should accept Contactless payments. They were all given a Contactless-enabled Ticketer machine last year.

burns20

All Lloyds Coaches services, including T2, T3 and T12, accept card payments.

Dan
Lloyds Coaches Driver

Last edited by a moderator:

Bwsbro

Townlynx refuse to accept contactless.
Unfortunately they seem to be a law onto themselves lately, being the only operator to refuse to accept the new 1bws on their commercial 28 service.

markymark2000

On Moderation
Unfortunately they seem to be a law onto themselves lately, being the only operator to refuse to accept the new 1bws on their commercial 28 service
They have gone massively downhill in recent years. Seems like they are running things down.

Who paid for all the contactless machines if they were 'given' to operators?

sonic2009

Established Member
Er no - there's been some speculation as to how busy the route will actually be (i.e. will you have any more than could be carried in a family sized people carrier rather than a Tempo, or if you'll have anyone to Corwen?)

I will be doing the Corwen to Bangor section.

Llandudno

Established Member
I will be doing the Corwen to Bangor section.
I would be interested to know how many passengers will be on your T10 journey.

Has anyone else used/seen the T10 in operation and what are loadings like, especially east of Betws-y-Coed?

krus_aragon

Established Member
I would be interested to know how many passengers will be on your T10 journey.

Has anyone else used/seen the T10 in operation and what are loadings like, especially east of Betws-y-Coed?
I saw a T10 start off from Bangor at the end of August (see post 2143), and roughly six people boarded at the origin (Bangor bus station). This was roughly half 8 in the morning.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I saw a T10 start off from Bangor at the end of August (see post 2143), and roughly six people boarded at the origin (Bangor bus station). This was roughly half 8 in the morning.
It's probably more a question of the eastern end of the route. You could imagine a few punters travelling from Bangor to places like Capel or Betws or getting off at Ogwen Cottage. However, be interesting to see how many travel from Betws to Corwen :rolleyes:

Dai Corner

Established Member
It's probably more a question of the eastern end of the route. You could imagine a few punters travelling from Bangor to places like Capel or Betws or getting off at Ogwen Cottage. However, be interesting to see how many travel from Betws to Corwen :rolleyes:
Anyone travelling Betws-Corwen might prefer the Fflecsi service. Roger French recounts his journey here.

WelshBuses93

The fflecsi service to Corwen no longer operates since the introduction of the T10. I have used the 10:15 from Corwen twice myself personally. Only 3 passengers (including myself) boarding at Corwen. Didn't pick any passengers up until Betws y Coed.

burns20

So we caught the 1015 T10 from Corwen today. There was only us and 1 other to Llyn Ogwen where the bus started picking up 6 damp ramblers, and that was it till Bangor.

mmh

Established Member
Being quite a long run it's probably registered as two routes with a sham "connection" to avoid needing to operate on a tachograph - about time we legislated that silliness away as it was an EU thing.
It is. Which, as far as I remember, were registered inaccurately!

johntrawscymru

On Moderation
Can't say I'm surprised :D
Agree. The original concept was T10 Bangor to Chirk/Oswestry linking with the T3 in Corwen. The logic was to bring into play the population of Oswestry and Chirk to use the underutilised T3 route to Barmouth.
Oswestry to Corwen would have fitted the bill but only 22 miles so hence the T10 Bangor to Chirk/Oswestry . The T10 Bangor to Corwen route is certainly a puzzling choice.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
For a long distance route? If so then it’s very impressive how far technology has come
The Welsh Government have an "ambition for a zero emission bus, taxi and private hire vehicle fleet by 2028" - I wonder if they have any idea yet how they are going to deliver on that policy.

Welshman

Established Member
Are they not also intended for another new TrawsCymru route from Bangor-Caernarfon-Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog? Virtually a revival of the old Express Motors 1 & 2.
I gather the main charging facilities are to be in Blaenau Ffestiniog, using hydro-electric power.
A route of about 40 miles, but with some quite impressive hills!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Are they not also intended for another new TrawsCymru route from Bangor-Caernarfon-Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog? Virtually a revival of the old Express Motors 1 & 2.
I gather the main charging facilities are to be in Blaenau Ffestiniog, using hydro-electric power.

Hills of course are no issue - you can regen on the way down!

Welshman

Established Member
That's true - once you've descended Crimea the batteries should be fairly-well charged by Dolwyddelan or Blaenau!

krus_aragon

Established Member
The depot's to be at Tanygrisiau, on Blaenau's outskirts. Depot details were included in the tender for the T22 Caernarfon-Port-Blaenau route, which was briefly discussed on this thread at the time. (Posts 1900 onwards.)

Tender link:

Status
Not open for further replies.