• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrentBarton Zig-zag tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hold an English old folks bus pass issued by Derby, but if I want to use the Red Arrow to Nottingham and back I have to buy a Zig-zag (go anywhere on Trentbarton all day after 0900), as bus passes are not allowed. Do Trentbarton have other routes where bus passes are not allowed? -- if I am buying a Zig-zag I may as well get maximum use out of it on the day. (Thanks)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adrianjohnson

I think if you need to use KinchBus services (such as Skylink Derby), you will not be able to use ZigZag (ZigZag Plus covers those routes though). You also can't use it on the X38 journeys run by Arriva.

ChrisC

Established Member
Zigzag tickets at £7 and the Mango daily cap at £6.50 at first appear to be reasonable value. However, the fact that if travelling before 9am you have to pay an extra £3.50 does not compare well with day tickets from other bus companies which are available all day and often cost less than a ZigZag.

peterblue

I hold an English old folks bus pass issued by Derby, but if I want to use the Red Arrow to Nottingham and back I have to buy a Zig-zag (go anywhere on Trentbarton all day after 0900), as bus passes are not allowed. Do Trentbarton have other routes where bus passes are not allowed? -- if I am buying a Zig-zag I may as well get maximum use out of it on the day. (Thanks)

Your bus pass (ENCTS) is valid on every other TrentBarton bus except Red Arrow.

You can also travel between Derby and Nottingham for free (i4 or indigo), but these routes are a lot slower than the Red Arrow.

If you wish to only use the Red Arrow in one direction, a single is £5.60 according to Trentbarton's website

derbybusdepot

Your bus pass (ENCTS) is valid on every other TrentBarton bus except Red Arrow.

You can also travel between Derby and Nottingham for free (i4 or indigo), but these routes are a lot slower than the Red Arrow.

If you wish to only use the Red Arrow in one direction, a single is £5.60 according to Trentbarton's website
Ilkeston Flyer from Derby to Ilkeston then a TWO from Ilkeston to Nottingham is another way for pass holders to get to Nottingham without paying on Red Arrow.

Fare on train is about same as RA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.