• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trip Cardiff to Plymouth 02/11/18, Carnet GWR Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

andypops

Hi,

I posted this in the trip planning forum but was advised to repost here as I’m asking specific ticketing questions.

I am planning an excursion on Thursday, travelling from Cardiff to Plymouth.

I plan to use a first class GWR Carnet ticket, valid until 2nd November. I’ve never used one of these before - can anyone explain what I need to do? Do I need to have it activated / validated, or do I need to exchange it at a ticket office before travel? I plan to complete my journey (return) before end of day on 1st November.

Are there any restrictions on times for this ticket being used? I would like to travel out some time around 0800-0900, and return early afternoon. Therefore I may well end up travelling during the peak hours.

As an aside - am I able to break my journey at all on either outbound or return legs?

Can people suggest which services to use to make best use of it being a First class ticket? It is marked GWR only, so I believe this limits me to the GWR services between BRI to Plymouth. The Temple Meads blockade currently enforced means there’s little point travelling on any other service other than CDF - Parkway. I would prefer to travel or HST or their new replacement.

Finally, what can I expect on their first class? I’ve never travelled first before, so have no idea of what it’ll be like.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.