• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trip.com Digital Railcards

Gonzoiku

That agrees with what I was saying right? Railcards aimed at young people have always had photos because they're trusted less than eg Senior Railcard holders
No, what I meant was that the original student cards were not plastic!

How about that for a rapid recovery from a completely misread posting and misplaced comment thereon?

GZ

PS sorry!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ianha

Both Trainpal and Trip.com apps are terrible in respect of showing tickets and railcards.

Railcards can seemingly only be shown if you have a good 4G connection. Anything less or no signal at all and they just sit there with the "loading" logo spinning round and round until such time as signal is acquired again. Most unhelpful on routes with poor signal for a long distances.

In most cases the above also applies to tickets in the apps too.
Hi
Just tried to show my digital railcard from trip.com while in airplane mode and I am able to see the railcard without any problem

moleman212

Hi
Just tried to show my digital railcard from trip.com while in airplane mode and I am able to see the railcard without any problem
Yes it appears trip.com railcards no longer need a data signal to be displayed in the app. I noticed this about a month ago.

Brucey

Hi

Yes it appears trip.com railcards no longer need a data signal to be displayed in the app. I noticed this about a month ago.

How are you getting to the railcard? Every route I've tried doesn't load without an internet connection.

If you're 30 and buy a 26-30 railcard, ensure you activate it before your 31st birthday otherwise it will bug out and there's nothing trip.com can do. My OH bought one before her birthday with view to buying the "activating" ticket when she needed it within the 30 days as stated by Trip. But when she came to do so no dice.

camhef

That is not my experience. Using the latest available version (7.96.2) on Android I am not able to see my railcard when offline (i.e. no WiFi, no mobile data). If I go online the railcard is immediately visible; switch offline and it is not.