• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trip to Norwich, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

168lover

Hi All,

Currently in the planning stages of a trip to Norwich and the Wherry Lines a week on Thursday travelling both ways via London and both ways in first class:D. Anyway, I'm wondering what time does the first class lounge open at Liverpool Street? Is first class worth the extra £7 each way? and also can the Wherry Lines Day Rover be bought online or would it be easier if I buy it from Norwich on the day?

Anyway, I'm looking forward very much to some top quality 37 haulage with planned two return trips to Great Yarmouth and a return trip to Lowersoft behind them and also a return trip to great yarmouth behind a 68 which will be a bonus
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi All,

Currently in the planning stages of a trip to Norwich and the Wherry Lines a week on Thursday travelling both ways via London and both ways in first class:D. Anyway, I'm wondering what time does the first class lounge open at Liverpool Street? Is first class worth the extra £7 each way? and also can the Wherry Lines Day Rover be bought online or would it be easier if I buy it from Norwich on the day?

Anyway, I'm looking forward very much to some top quality 37 haulage with planned two return trips to Great Yarmouth and a return trip to Lowersoft behind them and also a return trip to great yarmouth behind a 68 which will be a bonus

And of course the 90 haulage each way between London and Norwich

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
1st class on the Norwich line is no doubt more comfortable. Wider seats, free tea / coffee etc and crisps, biscuits or fruit would lessen the blow of the extra £7.

Standard class is mostly airline seats, first class seats face each other.

Can't help with the lounge times, but it may be worth asking the conductor on the Norwich train if they can sell you the ticket you want if you haven't already purchased it.

Enjoy Lowersoft ;)

Established Member
You might consider getting an 'Anglia Plus Day Ranger' instead of the 1st class upgrade & Wherry Lines Ranger - it not only permits travel to Yarmouth & Lowestoft but also the lovely Bittern Line to Sheringham and on the 90 hauled services as well, should you finish early for whatever reason. Also gives a degree of flexibility in case one of the loco hauled short sets doesn't go to plan for whatever reason.

And Lowestoft's lovely, it's the 'jewel of the sunrise coast' ;) :lol: (page 18 of the booklet I've linked)

Kite159

Veteran Member
You might consider getting an 'Anglia Plus Day Ranger' instead of the 1st class upgrade & Wherry Lines Ranger - it not only permits travel to Yarmouth & Lowestoft but also the lovely Bittern Line to Sheringham and on the 90 hauled services as well, should you finish early for whatever reason. Also gives a degree of flexibility in case one of the loco hauled short sets doesn't go to plan for whatever reason.

And Lowestoft's lovely, it's the 'jewel of the sunrise coast' ;) :lol: (page 18 of the booklet I've linked)

Lowestoft might be the jewel, but it isn't bracing ;)

1st class on the refurbished Mk3s looks good from my wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.