• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Bus routes that run through the most council jurisdictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewiper

Stagecoach South West's Gold route starts in Torbay (Unitary), passes through Devon (County) and ends in Plymouth (Unitary).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolvercoter

X5 goes through at least 6 - Cambridgeshire County Council, Bedford Borough, Central Beds, MK Council, Buckingham, Oxfordshire

When I used to use the X5 for work (many years ago), it ran along A422 between Buckingham and MK. So, that's into Northamptonshire and back out again without pick up/set down. Does that count?

MedwayValiant

Ooh, yes it does. I hadn't realised it went that way, but that is a clear couple of miles of Northamptonshire.

We can't count Bedfordshire and Bedford / Central Bedfordshire; Bedfordshire no longer exists as a local authority. The routing between MK and Bedford is A509 and A422 rather than A421, which means that Central Bedfordshire is not entered. So running west from Cambridge, we have Cambridgeshire - Bedford - Milton Keynes - Northamptonshire - Buckinghamshire - Oxfordshire.

Mwanesh

Green Line 724 -

Harlow Council
Essex County Council
East Herts
Welwyn Hatfield
St Albans
Watford
Three Rivers
Herts County Council
South Bucks (Denham)
Buckinghamshire CC
Hillingdon
You left Middlesex it passes through Uxbridge which is in that county.

Wirewiper

You left Middlesex it passes through Uxbridge which is in that county.

Middlesex is purely a ceremonial county and has been since April 1965, it has no council jurisdiction. Most of it was absorbed into Greater London with South Western parts going into Surrey (basically any part of Surrey north of the Thames was originally part of Middlesex) and a small section around Potters Bar going into Hertfordshire.

Teflon Lettuce

Established Member
TrawsCymru T1C Aberystwyth- Cardiff

Ceredigion
Carmarthenshire
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
Bridgend
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Cardiff

that equates to 1/3 of the Welsh local authorities! {ok so that bit is a bit of a cheeky statement seeing as though there are only 22 local authorities in Wales :lol:}

Ayman Ilham

If you mean boroughs and districts within counties, then the Transdev X43 goes through seven:
Greater Manchester:
City of Manchester (Central)
City of Salford (Broughton)
Bury (Prestwich)
Lancashire:
Rossendale (Rawtenstall)
Burnley (Burnley Town)
Pendle (Nelson, Colne & Barnoldswick)
North Yorkshire:
Craven (Thornton & Skipton)

Darklord8899

Borders Buses run the X95 (Edinburgh - Galashiels - Hawick - Carlisle) which passes through 4 Regions and a county:

Edinburgh (City of Edinburgh)
Newtongrange (Mid Lothian)
Galashiels/Hawick (Borders)
Langholm (Dumfries & Galloway)
Carlisle (Cumbria)

alangla

For routes registered in one go with no joining up shenanigans, I can offer two around Glasgow that I reckon manage 4 authorities - First Glasgow's 6 - West Dunbartonshire, Glasgow, East Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire & First Edinburgh's X36 (I think - the one that runs to Stirling Wallace Monument) - Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, Falkirk, Stirling.

darloscott

I cited the X9 (post 12). Think I missed off Sunderland whilst you missed South Tyneside so....

1. Middlesbrough
  2. Stockton on Tees
  3. Hartlepool
  4. Co Durham
  5. Sunderland
  6. South Tyneside
  7. Gateshead
  8. Newcastle

There was me thinking I'll suggest Arriva's X12 but that won't have as many as these - just Middlesbrough, Stockton, County Durham, Gateshead and Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.