• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia - Most Pubs in a Railway Station Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelwheels

Sadly the White Star in Liverpool Lime St will cease to exist soon as it will become the Virgin First Class waiting lounge after the 2017/18 revamp of the station, as the current building on platform 7 is being demolished to make way for a new track to go in.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spartacus

Established Member
Not the most, but perhaps the highest pub/platform ratio or at least pubs/users?

EDIT: Clearly not the highest ratio of pubs to platforms as HUD has a pub for every 3 platforms, Dewsbury has a pub for every 2.

Hartlepool must surely get the highest ratio of pubs per platform, one of each!

Poolie

Hartlepool must surely get the highest ratio of pubs per platform, one of each!

Sorry, but not on a Sunday though when the Darlington trains run, they use the bay platform 2. The Rat Race is on platform 1 :D

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Sadly the White Star in Liverpool Lime St will cease to exist soon as it will become the Virgin First Class waiting lounge after the 2017/18 revamp of the station, as the current building on platform 7 is being demolished to make way for a new track to go in.

As a matter of interest, are they putting a lift in when they convert it? I wanted to use it a couple of years ago, but as I had a large case, I couldn't get up the stairs ... so I went elsewhere instead!

Spartacus

Established Member
Sorry, but not on a Sunday though when the Darlington trains run, they use the bay platform 2. The Rat Race is on platform 1 :D

Forgot about those Sunday ones! Still, there can't be many with a pub but only one platform, even if it has two faces.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
St Pancras has The Betjeman Arms, The Booking Office bar, the Searcys Champagne Bar, The Curious Pig, Sourced Market, and Des Vins.
And you can have a drink with your meal at Searcy's Grand, Le Pain Quotidien and Barzetti.

Or at Carluccio's or The Gilbert Scott. You can also buy alcohol at M&S (both branches) and Fortnum and Mason.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
St Pancras has The Betjeman Arms, The Booking Office bar, the Searcys Champagne Bar, The Curious Pig, Sourced Market, and Des Vins.
And you can have a drink with your meal at Searcy's Grand, Le Pain Quotidien and Barzetti.

Or at Carluccio's or The Gilbert Scott. You can also buy alcohol at M&S (both branches) and Fortnum and Mason.

Blimey ... that's a good pub crawl with food included on it's own!!

Status
Not open for further replies.