• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA National Rail Stations Within 10 mins walk of a Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
As it seems some grounds of the oval ball game have crept in, I would have a stab at Butts Park in Coventry.

According to the Eurosport website, it seems that there may be a possibility of Coventry City FC leaving the Ricoh for the second time in recent years, as the hedge fund owners SISU have had another huge falling out with Wasps.

Although ground sharing options have been looked at such as Nuneaton or the dirty Bluenoses of Birmingham, the Football League have stipulated that Coventry City cannot relocate more than 5 miles away from their present ground.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BlueFox

In that case Leicester Tigers would be another. I'm pretty sure Welford Park would be a brisk 10 minute walk from the station as it's nearer than the football ground

You'd need to have some luck with the traffic lights, as there are several busy roads to cross.

Flying Claret

I am a pretty fast walker! But Google maps only shows the straight route from the station to the stadium. Personally, I go from the station, cut through Hogland's Park, (sometimes stop at the Angel pub!) then walk through Kingsland Estate. A familiar route if you're local. The google maps one is very straight forward and the usual one for away fans or anyone who isn't familiar with the area.

Thanks. I'll give that a try next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.