• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[trivia] Services where it's possible to alight then walk/run/cycle between stations and re-board the same train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adc82140

Established Member
I've just rewatched that YouTube video where someone outran the tube between two stations.

It got me thinking- is there anywhere on the NR network where you can leave a service and then reasonably join the same one further along the same journey? Either by walking, running, or cycling.

Prior to the service split last year, I reckon you could have left a Guildford to Ascot service at Ash and cycled to Ash Vale before the same train got there, because of the time taken for reversal at Aldershot.

Any offers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

norbitonflyer

Established Member
We recently had a thread on this.

How about across the Platform at Wandsworth Town, (Hounslow roundabout service?)

PTR 444

Established Member
...and this one:

Sweetjesus

It's quicker to cycle between Manchester Piccadilly and Victoria.

Maybe also between Manchester Oxford and Victoria if you're quick enough!

Nottingham59

Established Member
The 0635h from Nottingham to Liverpool calls at Dronfield at 0714h and then at Dore and Totley at 0739h, 25 minutes later, having gone all the way into Sheffield and back out again. Google says you can cycle the 4 miles between the two stations in 24 minutes.

island

Veteran Member
Liskeard to Coombe Junction Halt is a contender, though the other way is less likely on account of the hill!

Status
Not open for further replies.