• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Smallest towns with more than one station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matchmaker

Established Member
Historically it would've been down to which railway company built the line long that route.

Two separate companies built two separate (and unconnected) lines to port towns in the West Highlands. It would have been total madness not to serve one of the few populated settlements on the routes.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Two separate companies built two separate (and unconnected) lines to port towns in the West Highlands. It would have been total madness not to serve one of the few populated settlements on the routes.
Indeed. An as most of the route(s) is single track, might as well have a station at the passing loops you will need.

jfisher21

There is the big welly truck stop at Tyndrum with an outdoor clothes shop, also a couple of other cafes. So worth having a station there as might attract a few tourists.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Could Newton-Le-Willows technically have two stations? Earlestown is a small commercial area with a popular market. Everywhere around it is more or less classed as Newton anyway so that would suggest Earlestown is in Newton. Therefore it is a small town with two train stations.

CJ

_toommm_

Established Member
Hyde has four - Hyde North and Hyde Central on the way to Rose Hill; and Flowery Field and Newton for Hyde on the way to Glossop and Hadfield.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Hyde has four - Hyde North and Hyde Central on the way to Rose Hill; and Flowery Field and Newton for Hyde on the way to Glossop and Hadfield.

Flowery Field to me, always conjures up something very inappropriate concerning the female anatomy. Maybe it's just my very warped mind!!!

CJ

_toommm_

Established Member
Flowery Field to me, always conjures up something very inappropriate concerning the female anatomy. Maybe it's just my very warped mind!!!

CJ

To me it makes it sound like a very nice place, although what they’ve done with the station is quite the opposite!

Same with Welwyn Garden City, although I’m not sure what that’s like.

Status
Not open for further replies.