• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Station Names that differ by one letter (or near offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

6026KingJohn

Slightly off topic but one day I was standing on a platform at Birmingham New Street next to two 150s about 6 - 8 feet apart. One was going to Hednesford and one to Hereford!

Ianigsy

Baildon and Basildon
Falmer and Walmer

I once posted a Christmas card to a friend in Baildon - full address, postcode, the works. By the time it reached my friend, it had been send from the sorting office in Bradford to Basildon, back up to Bradford, back down to Basildon and back to Bradford with the postcode firmly highlighted!

I'll add Rawcliffe and Radcliffe (Metrolink).

peters

On Moderation
Ardwick and Adwick. I recall a lot of Northern trains said Adwick on the front at one point, presumably because it was the first station on the blind and they hadn't been/couldn't be set to show the correct destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.