• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Stations with both a footbridge and a subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
Woking, although the subway is 'landside' and the bridge is 'railside'.

Waterloo East, with the main entrance on a bridge, and the Southwark entrance via a subway.

Ron Hale

Doncaster has now, to platform 0
You know.
Down the steps to the subway.
Up the steps to platform 3.
Along platform 3.
Up the steps to the bridge.
Over the bridge.
Down the steps to platform 0.
There are lifts!

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Where is the subway at Crewe? I have always used the bridges never seen a subway.

The passenger subway at Crewe is relatively recent, its original purpose was for mails and parcels use, the new station entrance on Weston Road has access to it.

Last edited:

Petersfield: subway connects platforms, no disabled access, footbridge at platform ends faces the road by the level crossing, level crossing provides disabled access to each platform.

MedwayValiant

Strood.

The footbridge is accessible only by lifts, while the subway is accessible only by stairs.

davetheguard

Established Member
Shame that the OP specified "only those in passenger use", otherwise I could have mentioned London Paddington, and Oxford. In fact I'm not sure that the subway at Oxford is accessible at all any more; it was very narrow and would never cope with the number of passengers who now use the bridge erected to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.