• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRIVIA: Train services (England) not serving any Conservative constituency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkingMain

I don't think a Hounslow rounder stops

I don't think a Hounslow rounder stops at any stations in a Conservative constituency -

Waterloo, Vauxhall (Vauxhall - Labour)
Queenstown Road Battersea, Clapham Junction, Wandsworth Town (Battersea - Labour)
Putney (Putney - Labour)
Barnes, Mortlake, North Sheen, Richmond (Richmond Park - Lib Dem)
St Margarets, Twickenham, Whitton (Twickenham - Lib Dem)
Hounslow, Isleworth, Syon Lane, Brentford, Kew Bridge, Chiswick (Brentford and Isleworth - Labour)
Barnes Bridge (Richmond Park - Lib Dem)

The Overground between Highbury and Islington - Clapham Junction / Crystal Palace / New Cross / West Croydon is also entirely contained within Labour constituencies.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thenorthern

Established Member
Until 2019 there were quite a lot in the West Midlands County such as Birmingham to Walsall and The entire Midland Metro.

Looking at the map though until 2005 the off Peak Cardiff to Nottingham passed through but didn't stop at any Conservative constituencies. Also until 2010 I think the Early morning Bristol to Edinburgh trains didn't stop at any Conservative constituencies.

norbitonflyer

Established Member
I don't think a Hounslow rounder stops

I don't think a Hounslow rounder stops at any stations in a Conservative constituency -

Waterloo, Vauxhall (Vauxhall - Labour)
Queenstown Road Battersea, Clapham Junction, Wandsworth Town (Battersea - Labour)
Putney (Putney - Labour)
Barnes, Mortlake, North Sheen, Richmond (Richmond Park - Lib Dem)
St Margarets, Twickenham, Whitton (Twickenham - Lib Dem)
Hounslow, Isleworth, Syon Lane, Brentford, Kew Bridge, Chiswick (Brentford and Isleworth - Labour)
Barnes Bridge (Richmond Park - Lib Dem)

The Overground between Highbury and Islington - Clapham Junction / Crystal Palace / New Cross / West Croydon is also entirely contained within Labour constituencies.
There are, I think, still a few short workings to Kingston via Richmond which would also qualify:
after Twickenham thgese call at Strawberry Hill, Teddington and Hampton Wick, which are in the Twickenham constituency.
Kingston station itself is on the boundary between the Kingston & Surbiton constituency and the Richmond Park constituency.
All three constituencies are Lib Dem - indeed the triple point where the three meet is in the middle of Kingston Railway Bridge.

317 forever

Established Member
The station is within Reading East, so that's fine.

As for a contribution of my own: any Lumo service which skips Stevenage will only call at non-Conservative seats (Morpeth itself is almost certainly Conservative but outvoted by the rest of Wansbeck constituency).
I believe Tilehurst is in Reading West, which is Conservative.

Digressing a little, when I was last in the area I caught bus X40 from Reading to Oxford. It was a rare example of an interurban/rural English bus route serving just Boroughs that voted Remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.