• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: Unusual, bizarre or oddly specific causes of delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
passengers were given the option of getting off at the next station and waiting 15 minutes for the next train.

So the train itself wasn't delayed but those passengers who got off and waited for the next train would have been delayed!
Did the passengers who elected to get off qualify for delay repay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt_pool

Did the passengers who elected to get off qualify for delay repay?

I doubt it, because the train they were originally on wasn't delayed.

And I reckon most of the passengers had a Merseytravel Railpass or Trio Pass and it isn't worth the hassle of putting in a delay repay claim when you have one of those.

I did once (I have a Trio Pass) when I put in a claim to Northern for a cancellation. Waited 30 days and ended up getting something pathetic like 53p!

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
ICE 19 today (Brussels Midi-Frankfurt). Delayed by 40 minutes at Bonn (not a normal stop) whilst the track was inspected due to the preceding service striking a wild boar.

Status
Not open for further replies.