• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TRP1 and TRP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBusDriver

Hi, I'm booked in for assessments for WMT and I've discovered that I did not meet WMTs enhanced score for the TRP1 and 2. I passed with GWR and made it into a talent pool so I'm guessing that I need to get better scores this time, but I'm unsure exactly what the TRP1 and 2 entail, can anyone here remember?

OK I've looked on OPC site and purchased the extra practice materials, just to be on the safe side. Really don't want to waste this opportunity.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
This is again a new one on me, as I didn’t think there were any TOCs/FOCs who used enhanced standards for the TRP tests. I believed TOCs can to all intents and purposes make whichever tests they want enhanced though.

PaulBusDriver

Ahh right, having contacted WMT they told me I did not meet there enhanced scores so Im going to focus my attention on all the stage 1 assessments just in case they insist I retake them all.
Could you tell me if you know whether MMI's and the other 2nd Stage assessments carry over? I passed the 2nd Stage tests in May last year and it would be great if I went straight through to DMI if successful.

Stigy

Established Member
Ahh right, having contacted WMT they told me I did not meet there enhanced scores so Im going to focus my attention on all the stage 1 assessments just in case they insist I retake them all.
Could you tell me if you know whether MMI's and the other 2nd Stage assessments carry over? I passed the 2nd Stage tests in May last year and it would be great if I went straight through to DMI if successful.
As has just said in another thread to someone else, they will 90% of the time be transferable, but it has been known for one or two companies to insist you retake them all. It’s a risk you’d have to weigh up I guess if that was the case.

PaulBusDriver

As has just said in another thread to someone else, they will 90% of the time be transferable, but it has been known for one or two companies to insist you retake them all. It’s a risk you’d have to weigh up I guess if that was the case.
Sure, I was emailed back by WMT and they told me if I wasn't happy to retake tests I could pull out my application but to be honest I'd rather give it another good go, the risk isn't as high having done it before I feel.
Thanks for your information, I'll stand a good chance of bypasssing the 2nd stage tests and its possible I may only be required to retake the the TRP1 & 2, although a friend had assessments with GWR who insisted he retake all tests, he declined on the basis that they gave him no notice of this and had not prepared for all of the tests.

Stigy

Established Member
Sure, I was emailed back by WMT and they told me if I wasn't happy to retake tests I could pull out my application but to be honest I'd rather give it another good go, the risk isn't as high having done it before I feel.
Thanks for your information, I'll stand a good chance of bypasssing the 2nd stage tests and its possible I may only be required to retake the the TRP1 & 2, although a friend had assessments with GWR who insisted he retake all tests, he declined on the basis that they gave him no notice of this and had not prepared for all of the tests.
GWR was one of the TOCs who have been known to make you retake all the tests even if you’ve passed some. I say “have been known” as they didn’t make me retake any as I already had passed from Freightliner and SWT.

PaulBusDriver

GWR was one of the TOCs who have been known to make you retake all the tests even if you’ve passed some. I say “have been known” as they didn’t make me retake any as I already had passed from Freightliner and SWT.
Yes, I took the Stage 1 tests with Freightliner back in August 2018. Passed all except Glop to their Enhanced standard.
Applied for GWR and they were happy with all my stage 1 tests and didn't need to retake any.

My workfriend applied for GWR and was expected to retake all the tests that I had not needed too!
Not sure of the logic, perhaps it was because over 2 years had elapsed or was close!? It was slightly less than two years as he sat the tests with Freightliner same as I did, so not sure who makes the decisions and on what basis.
Either way I'd be extremely happy to discover that my Stage 2 tests, which as far as I am aware do not vary in enhanced scoring or not, will be accepted for WMT then in theory I'd be straight through to DMI or maybe have to just retake the MMI if successful for the 1st stage tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.