• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trying to buy a rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis lamb62)

I was at Leeds on Sunday trying to buy a Greater Manchester Area- Day Saver TM (train and tram) rover from the Northern operated ticket office.

I was informed that I could only use the ticket in a certain numbered zone, when I challenged this she said I’ll have to go to Manchester to buy it.

I eventually settled for a South Pennines Day Ranger.

I haven’t got a cue why she was saying all this considering these are the ticket conditions:

Tickets are valid from 09:30 Mondays to Fridays, all day Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. Please note restrictions apply to all local train journeys, irrespective of direction, departing between 16:01 and 18:29, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.

Daysaver tickets are valid until 04:00 the next morning on trains/trams, where services exist.

Daysaver TM is valid on all Rail and Metrolink services within Greater Manchester.

Only available within the area shown on the map.

—————————————————-

So can someone please explain two things to me:

• Why was i told the ticket was only valid in a numbered Zone when the map doesn’t t even have zones on

• Why she couldn’t sell me the ticket

• Am I reading the terms and conditions wrong?

Cheers.

Link to the national rail website:

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr3cfe47a5f74f71a910521f00c13663.aspx

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
I'm looking on the TIS now. Daysaver TM, £9.00.

Sometimes when you're given bad advice, it's better simply to nod, get your ticket then go about your business. Challenging someone in these circumstances is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.