• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TS2015/16 not loading at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad465

Established Member
Today Steam did one of its periodic updates involving a restart of the program, but since this for some reason Train Simulator just doesn't load at all. Going into the program results in loading to a black screen just before the TS2016 image shows up, but whe doing this the whole PC freezes to the point that an emergency/forced shutdown is the only way out. <( <(

Any suggestions (without a complete uninstall and reinstall presumably)?

(No other internet and software programs on the PC are affected)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Hmm. Just checked my copy and no issues here. You're probably going to have to go down the reinstall route. Hope you have a decent internet connection!

Today Steam did one of its periodic updates involving a restart of the program, but since this for some reason Train Simulator just doesn't load at all. Going into the program results in loading to a black screen just before the TS2016 image shows up, but whe doing this the whole PC freezes to the point that an emergency/forced shutdown is the only way out. <( <(

Any suggestions (without a complete uninstall and reinstall presumably)?

(No other internet and software programs on the PC are affected)

brad465

Established Member
I use Windows 8. As for reinstalling if I have to internet connection should be good, however as someone who's had the game since August 2012 the gradual increase in assets I've made and resultant greater data size means a reinstallment would probably take forever, so may have to be done overnight if I can get the PC to do it without going into sleep mode (which halts downloads, etc.)

I'll see maybe if support has other suggestions first.

Last edited:

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
I use Windows 8. As for reinstalling if I have to internet connection should be good, however as someone who's had the game since August 2012 the gradual increase in assets I've made and resultant greater data size means a reinstallment would probably take forever, so may have to be done overnight if I can get the PC to do it without going into sleep mode (which halts downloads, etc.)

I'll see maybe if support has other suggestions first.

Have you tried having Steam verify the integrity of local files?

brad465

Established Member
I have, first time it needed to correct about 1500 files, then 2nd time all was fine verifying, but still an issue loading
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Correction - it appears now to have sorted itself as it's loaded all the way to the start screen, so hopefully it was just a downtime issue that won't return

Status
Not open for further replies.