• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TSW2 recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

D821

I bought TSW2 earlier in the year, getting the pack with London Underground Bakerloo line, Schnellfahrstrecke - Koln-Aachen and Sandy Patch Grade.
I really enjoyed Sandy Patch, once I'd got round the issue where it doesn't tell you how to set up banking correctly! I liked the Underground, but found it a bit intense at the end of a working day. I couldn't get into the Schnellfahrstrecke at all, I ended up stopping short or over-shooting the platform too often.

Based on the above, which of the other packs would people recommend? I think I'd enjoy freight or perhaps some more laidback passenger workings.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jp4712

I recommend North Trans Pennine (Manchester - Leeds via Standedge) or Darlington - Seaburn. They both fit the bill for what you say you’re looking for.

D821

I recommend North Trans Pennine (Manchester - Leeds via Standedge) or Darlington - Seaburn. They both fit the bill for what you say you’re looking for.
Thank you, that looks like the sort of thing I'm after, I'll get that on pay day. Cheers!

Iskra

Established Member
Has anyone played the new West Cornwall DLC? Is it any good? Has it been updated since release yet?

Also, I would now recommend the West Somerset railway, since it was updated it is a much better route to play and has a lot more life about it. I do ignore the speed limits a little though as 25mph is just too slow for me personally.

D821

I've really enjoyed TPE, even if the brakes on the 101s still baffle me.

I might go for Tees Valley next, quite fancy a go of a 37.

I have West Cornwall Local. I don't believe it has been updated since release, but I haven't found any problems with it that would require a fix.

I find the full length runs, Penzance to St. Austell are a bit of a grind. There's something about it that doesn't quite hit the spot for me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. On paper, it should tick all the boxes. I will say that the Class 150 sounds are excellent and there are some loco-hauled express services for a bit of variety.

Spending more time on London Commuter (London Victoria to Brighton) than any other route at the moment. That route really feels alive with lots of AI trains and frequent queuing around Victoria. Cathcart Circle Line and SouthEastern High Speed are also pretty good. Heavy emphasis on multiple unit operations though.

If you want loco hauled then Northern Trans-Pennine and Tees Valley Line are probably the best.

Iskra

Established Member
I have West Cornwall Local. I don't believe it has been updated since release, but I haven't found any problems with it that would require a fix.

I find the full length runs, Penzance to St. Austell are a bit of a grind. There's something about it that doesn't quite hit the spot for me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. On paper, it should tick all the boxes. I will say that the Class 150 sounds are excellent and there are some loco-hauled express services for a bit of variety.

Spending more time on London Commuter (London Victoria to Brighton) than any other route at the moment. That route really feels alive with lots of AI trains and frequent queuing around Victoria. Cathcart Circle Line and SouthEastern High Speed are also pretty good. Heavy emphasis on multiple unit operations though.

If you want loco hauled then Northern Trans-Pennine and Tees Valley Line are probably the best.
Thanks for the info!

I'm a big fan of Northern Trans-Pennine :)

ungreat

Does anyone know when the Chatham/Medway line is available on xbox1?

Iskra

Established Member

I ended up getting West Cornwall Local in the Boxing day sale as it was only £15. I agree, it's a decent route but I think there's something not quite right too- I'm thinking it's the foliage variety/colours. There are bits that feel right though, but not the whole line- Penzance feels right. That said I did a St Austell-Penzance express mail service yesterday and enjoyed the run. The 37 is excellent and it was fun having to pay close attention with all the gradients. I only briefly tried the 150 on the intro run yesterday and it looks very good. I will try it properly later on today on the St Ives branch which I haven't played yet. I think it is worth £15 but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

D821

I tried buying Tees Valley last night and this morning but the Xbox store messed up on both occasions. I've got a few more services to do for NTP until I get the last achievement so I'll be focusing on those until they fix it.

Iskra

Established Member
I tried buying Tees Valley last night and this morning but the Xbox store messed up on both occasions. I've got a few more services to do for NTP until I get the last achievement so I'll be focusing on those until they fix it.
That's a good route, hopefully you can get it soon!

Does anyone enjoy playing any of the overseas routes at all, and have any they would reccomend?

D821

I enjoyed the Sand Patch Grade route that the game came with. I found the German high speed one a bit clinical and boring.

Kingsbury Jn.

If you managed to get TSW2 for free from Epic games then you can effectively upgrade it to the deluxe version by purchasing East Coastway (from Epic) for £2.49 until Jan 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.