• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TT is back (apparently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloster

Established Member
Although I don't model TT gauge, would it not be possible to trim or file the outer rail on the curved pieces just enough in order to make the curved pieces fit properly or do you think it would have been better if the new TT train sets would have been better if they had been supplied with just straight track and turnouts / points ( whichever term you prefer ) and then create curved track using TT gauge flexible track if it is available.

If it is a train set, then Dad and Little Johnny want to get it out on the table and run the Flying Scotsman round and round as soon as the wrapping paper has been cleared away. They don’t want Dad to have to sit there with a file and ruler filing off the ends of the track or try to get a bit of flexible track to stay in the correct radius.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Apologies for reviving a dormant thread, but somehow Hornby managed to monumentally screw up something as simple as the track for their flagship new TT:120 range.

Simon Kohler really is the Mark Fotheringham of business, isn't he!
The video from Charlie at Chadwick was hardly a glowing review was it? Maybe it's all in preparation for a special TT Pacer release - it'll bounce about perfectly fine on your existing track (but so will everything else, for that matter). :lol:
Especially when you consider this is a trainset, which is supposed to be simple and which is definitely supposed to work 'out of the box', it's a little disappointing that Hornby have bodged it.

-Peter

PeterY

Established Member
My brother brought the Easterner train set and we had it out on his table last weekend. I was going to buy a set from Hornby for myself and I'm glad I didn't. His train kept derailing and our first thoughts were, that the track itself had warped in transit. Yesterday I sent him a link from Sam's trains Youtube channel. He' now cancelled his pre-order for the track packs and (good luck to him) going to ask Hornby for a refund on the curved sections of track.

PeterY

Established Member
My brother brought the Easterner train set and we had it out on his table last weekend. I was going to buy a set from Hornby for myself and I'm glad I didn't. His train kept derailing and our first thoughts were, that the track itself had warped in transit. Yesterday I sent him a link from Sam's trains Youtube channel. He' now cancelled his pre-order for the track packs and (good luck to him) going to ask Hornby for a refund on the curved sections of track.
Sorry for quoting my own post.

My brother has sent his TT trainset back to Hornby and he's waiting for a replacement. Hornby's excuse "The metal track was put into the sleepers while too warm. " (the reason given to my brother and not me) .

Status
Not open for further replies.