• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube lines assesment advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theking

Hi,
I've got an invite to attend a psychometric test for a vacancy within Tube lines, does anyone on this forum work for them or have any advice on what to expect?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

es373

I'm pretty sure it depends on the role of the job, what role did you get?

theking

Sorry forgot to put it in my original post it's for the role of an assistant engineer train operator

es373

It'll be the SCAAT test which is same as the dots test but uses shapes instead of the infamous dots.
You'll also have the reactions test, this has foot pedals, buttons and a screen... Oh and earphones. I can't remember the exact way it goes as it's been a while since I done it.
Also you'll probably do MT4.1 mechanical comprehension test, this is a piece of **** if youve got an engineering back ground - it's the pulleys, gears, levers test.

theking

So basically the same type of test as what the TOC's have people go through. How difficult is the test to pass with no engineering background?.

es373

If you can think with logic you'll do fine. Look up mechanical comprehension test on google. Would post a link but I'm at work, sorry.

es373

Nope but have done the exams, half with 1 TOC, The other with another TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.