• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tutbury & Hatton to Manchester (Day Return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altrincham

Hello,

This is my first time posting a fares question but I'd like a little bit of help regarding a trip I have to make this week.

On Thursday 3rd November I need a day return from Tutbury & Hatton to Manchester (leaving Tutbury on the 0654 via Stoke and returning on the 1635 from Manchester Piccadilly). I'm doing the same journey on Friday the 4th too.

The cheapest I can find is the Anytime Day Return of £15.60. (I don't have a railcard).

The thing I'd like to know (and it's not something I seem to be able to find the answer to) is whether I can purchase this ticket on-board the train? I have a feeling there isn't a ticket machine at Tutbury.

I wouldn't want to chance it and find that I get charged a higher fare once on the train.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alty.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

No ticket office at the station or TVM machines then you should be fine purchasing on board.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've been to Tutbury & Hatton [[stn]TUT[/stn]] about 3 times, and confirm there is no ticket machine at the station. The full range of tickets will be available on board, as appropriate:

Off Peak Day Return (CDR) £12.10 (Valid from 0900 M-F) - not valid for this particular journey
Off Peak Return (SVR) £16.50 (Valid from 0430 M-F)
Anytime Day Return (SDR) £15.60 (Valid any time)

Status
Not open for further replies.