• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TW Metro disruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

Does anyone know if they will be able to resume a full service in time for the rush hour this afternoon? Currently there is gaps of up to 30 mins between trains and no service between Benton and Monkseaton.

On a side note. I've never seen anything like it before. Was waiting at Regent Centre last night and the rails were barely visible. A terminating train had to run wrong road back to South Gosforth because it couldn't go anywhere. I also gather drivers were stranded at Pelaw.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Look North was still showing sections of the line near Shiremoor as flooded on the 13.30 programme, so might not be until the weekend for that bit to reopen. As for the rest of the system it will take a few days to settle down, as trains and drivers are going to be out of timetable/roster order. The Pelaw services were cancelled this morning, which suggests that there has been problems with the rolling stock as well, although I haven't seen any pictures of Metros stuck in a flood, unlike the one that happened at Airport a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.