• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two hand co-ordination test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaytrains

I just wanted to know in which function does the left stick move the ball, is it left to right and right to left or is it just a normal function i.e left to left and right to right??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnlh

Left stick is left to right and right stick is up and down. Some parts of the tracks are straight so very straight forward but other sections are curves so it tests that you can operate both at the same time.

Don't worry about going out of the track. I went out a few times and still passed. I had a nightmare and for some reason a muscle in my left forearm started twitching, it made me lose the ball a few times but I think if you get back in fairly quick you are ok.

OneLowban

When I finished mine I said to the guy doing it “I would have preferred it the other way round, with the left stick being up and down, do you do that on purpose?” He replied with “ yes <D “.

Dan198999

It's harder than you think, people say playing video games help. It didn't for me as stated above the controls are opposite to what you expect, I failed mine I imagine because of nerves not sure. I didn't come out too many time either.... Just take your time, keep the pace and accuracy and hopefully you'll be fine.

Dynamonic

I agree that playing video games wouldn’t help much with preparing for this test. The controls feel and operate totally differently. I still remember the movement of my nervous, trembling hands being replicated by the ball on the screen. :lol:

Twotwo

I don't play video games at all and I managed to pass. The key is to familiarise yourself with the joystick. Get yourself comfortable and make use of the pratice runs.

westbrom

When i did mine i pulled one of the sticks off!
Just put it back on and recovered and passed.

Emz

I’ve got mine coming up soon. How many runs do you have to do? I’ve heard you have to complete the course forwards and backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.