• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two questions about the 22:00 Euston-Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the reply to my Q. I can't see the late time of its potential call at Wilmslow being an issue - the train leaves Crewe at 00.03, so Wilmslow would be somewhere around the 00.25-00.30 mark. The station is currently open till past midnight to accommodate the 00.01 Northern Service to Crewe.

I'd agree, Its probably due to the Styal line platforms being too short. Are there any plans to extend them similar to Platforms 3 and 4 (recently been extended to accommodate the 11 Car Pendos). I'm guessing the signals at the Styal end of the platform could be an issue?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Don't get me going on running via Weedon vice Northampton on Sunday mornings:o:lol:

Just don't get me started on the Sunday TT as a whole. The whole thing T-5, one set of lines blocked before 11am, no regular service till late, sitting time everywhere, NOT running via Northampton, it gets renamed the West Coast Stagger! Anyway...

Philip

On Moderation
Wilmslow is manned until about 00:15ish so the train may be too late in arrival to stop, with it needing to be dispatched.

The Styal down platform is long enough for the Pendolinos, as the 19:40 Euston-Manchester calls on the platform Mon-Fri (and proceeds to run non-stop to Piccadilly). Not sure about the up Styal platform though.

Status
Not open for further replies.