• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two Together Advance tickets - Wife can no longer travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

djh1986

Supposed to be heading to London on Thursday with my wife for a show in the evening. Travelling from Brighouse to London on GC on advance tickets with a two together railcard. Unfortunately, my wife now has to go to a funeral in Belgium so can't travel down with me but is hoping to get back to London on Eurostar to attend the show in the evening and return with me on Friday.

I have searched a few threads and couldn't find a concrete answer but is the consensus still I am best buying a new single for myself and abandoning the advance tickets purchased with the two together railcard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

thedbdiboy

It's worth contacting their customer services to see if they can help. Advance tickets can be changed for a £10 fee plus any difference in fare so depending on how much you paid it might be more cost effective to change your ticket and pay the fee rather than buying a new one.

alistairlees

Established Member
Supposed to be heading to London on Thursday with my wife for a show in the evening. Travelling from Brighouse to London on GC on advance tickets with a two together railcard. Unfortunately, my wife now has to go to a funeral in Belgium so can't travel down with me but is hoping to get back to London on Eurostar to attend the show in the evening and return with me on Friday.

I have searched a few threads and couldn't find a concrete answer but is the consensus still I am best buying a new single for myself and abandoning the advance tickets purchased with the two together railcard?
I would contact Grand Central and ask if, considering the circumstances, they will allow you to travel. I would hope they would be sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.