• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two Together railcard trial ends May 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

According to moneysavingexpert, applications for a Two Together railcard close on Saturday, which is terrible news for me. I've switched a lot of our journeys from car to rail because of this discount. MSE says ATOC will assess the card in 2013 and make a decision then about extending the trial, but my card expires in September. :(

Presumably this means that renewals will not be allowed either. Anyone know for sure?

On a separate matter, anyone know how to get the search function to work? Searching for "Two Together" with or without quotes returns nothing, not even the threads where I've used the term myself.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks. What's the trick for getting search to work?

Witchcraft. I suggest sacrificing a goat and consulting the spirits would be more effective than vBulletin. It's search function is notoriously pathetic, indeed another forum I frequent decided to change the search function so that it automatically pointed the user towards a Google site search rather than using vBulletin's native search function.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Agreed - I use Google and format my search as follows:

site:www.railforums.co.uk "text to search for"

They have good tools that allow you to set date ranges and other options. The only downside is that the search will only produce results since before their last crawl, which may be a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.