• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member
I notice it says two together fare rather than railcard, so I suspect it may be some sort of equivalent of group save but for two people.

Be3G

Established Member
A bit like the rather restricted (and therefore of limited usefulness) Greater Anglia Duo, perhaps.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Yes, rather useless, only available going into London and no railcard discount which is about 33% or 66% for both as opposed to 25%/50%

It's worth pointing out that if only one person (or neither) is entitled to the Railcard discount then a Duo is cheaper for two people:roll:

Might also be worth pointing out that people in the North benefit from Duo tickets.

Goatboy

Established Member
Yes, rather useless, only available going into London and no railcard discount which is about 33% or 66% for both as opposed to 25%/50%

I was sold one of these for a return journey for two from Stratford to Colchester. I didn't ask for it - I asked for two day returns at the ticket window.

Was I sold the wrong ticket?

SS4

Established Member
I was sold one of these for a return journey for two from Stratford to Colchester. I didn't ask for it - I asked for two day returns at the ticket window.

Was I sold the wrong ticket?

I would say yes because the vendor had no way of knowing if you were going to travel together:
Duo T&Cs said:
8. The two adults must travel together throughout their entire journey.

Goatboy

Established Member
He didn't ask but I was with the other person and it was a fairly good guess.

My question is more than it was for a journey FROM and not TO London.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor

Do you have a source for the bold?
He didn't ask but I was with the other person and it was a fairly good guess.

My question is more than it was for a journey FROM and not TO London.

Duo webpage said:
You can still buy Duo tickets for journeys to and from stations in the Oyster area as long as one of the stations is outside this area, for example Ilford to Chelmsford or Bishops Stortford to Cheshunt.

London is clearly within the Oyster area.

Goatboy

Established Member
We were travelling together. It was his comment about it only being available for journeys TO London that had me wondering!

Be3G

Established Member
The biggest problem I have with the GA Duo is that it's not available from ticket machines (considering limited ticket office open hours and no guards on trains around here). The weekends-only validity doesn't help either. The two combine to mean that unless I book the tickets in advance online, for me they're only usable on Saturday mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.