• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Tees Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
Been looking on the Northern Rail website and they have this ticket for £16.00 which apparently can be used on any TOC barring Grand Central. It can be used as far north as Morpeth an as far south as Northallerton.
Has anyone else had this ticket or another similar type and if so have they encountered any problems using it on a TOC other than Northern?
Any other views on what problems i could expect are valued as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Since the leaflet was produced, GC have relaxed their restrictions on rover/raner tickets like these. I can't see why you should have a problem on any other TOC, but if you think that you may have, just take a copy of the leaflet with you.

Darandio

Established Member
Well that will be even better! All being well I will do Sunderland to Northallerton.
The ticket really is fantastic value for money.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
If you are unsure ask the guard before you board, but, as it is available for sale by all TOCs, everyone should know about it and definately carry the leaflet around with you.

Darandio

Established Member
Definetely doing this on Thursday. Got the day off work and i am really looking forward to it.
According to the t&cs, it is not to be used before 08.45 on a weekday but my first train is 08.43. A couple of guards i have spoken to have said they wouldnt charge me a single to middlesbrough to cover for the 2 minute difference so hopefully all should be well.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They were probably unaware it wasn't valid until 0845 'til you told them ;)

Only the most desperate of desperate guards would pull you up for 2 minutes. BTW, it was 3 late today at 0846 anyway (assuming you mean 2D07 !)

me123

Established Member
Dunno the service, but if the worst came to the worst you could probbaly buy a ticket for one stop which could only cost a few pennies if it's a local service.

Darandio

Established Member
If it does come to that I dont really mind anyway. It still works out for a cheap day anyway.
Only one real restriction and that is no direct travel between Darlington and Northallerton.
Also need to confirm whether Grand Central have relaxed their policy regarding rovers and rangers as this is still up for debate in some quarters.

Darandio

Established Member
I am currently on the 12:30 GC service using my ranger so no problems with this guard.
43080 is right behind me providing the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.