• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne & Wear metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick82

Does the trainee train driver assessments cover the Tyne & Wear metro, failed my assessment today and now I am curious if this is a strike against applting for the local metros.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Same tests as the 'mainline' so yes unfortunately. Testing is done by DB Schenker at Doncaster.

Might be a while before there are any more vacancies as a new school is starting next month.

Nick82

ok many thanks, are you aware if you can still pay for private assessments now a days and does the 6 month rule apply to that also

Nick82

Thank you for your info. Does the Tyne & Wear metro conduct MMI and SJE in Doncaster or at all.
What interviews do they conduct.

Tbrown1980

Hi all,

I know this is slightly off topic to what you guys are discussing about jobs, etc. but I've set up a new thread about the Tyne and Wear Metro regarding a list of Fleet which have been refurbished.

If any of you travel on the metro in the near future and/or have any knowledge of which Metro's are refurbished and which are still old models please could you contribute to the discussion.

The link for the thread is below;
http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1761844#post1761844

If the link doesn't work, just search for Tyne & Wear Metro: Fleet Refurbishment List in the forums.

Many thanks :D

Tom

Last edited:

Nick82

I do travel on them, if i find out any info ill let you know,
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thank you for your info. Does the Tyne & Wear metro conduct MMI and SJE in Doncaster or at all.
What interviews do they conduct.

Nick82

Could anyone comment on if or when NEXUS might be recruiting for train crews any time this year and when was the last time they underwent a recruitment drive.

Established Member
Could anyone comment on if or when NEXUS might be recruiting for train crews any time this year and when was the last time they underwent a recruitment drive.

Last recruitment drive was start of last year. The latest 8 started last week, so they will be finished towards the end of this year. So, realistically, you'd be looking at the start of next year at the earliest, depending on current drivers leaving/retiring.

EASTCOAST225

Hello,

I was just wondering what other forum users thought of Tyne & Wear Metro staff uniforms? Personally I think they look a mess. Staff looked a lot smarter before when Nexus ran the Metro with their white shirts and ties and plain black trousers. I've noticed most of the staffs black cargo trousers look awful as they don't fit and the grey t shirt just doesn't look smart. I noticed one Station adviser at the Monument last week and he was wearing normal black trousers a proper grey shirt and a tie and he looked exceptionally smart. The majority of staff look terrible compared to what other companies look like. What does everyone else think?

Thank you.

Established Member
Hello,

I was just wondering what other forum users thought of Tyne & Wear Metro staff uniforms? Personally I think they look a mess. Staff looked a lot smarter before when Nexus ran the Metro with their white shirts and ties and plain black trousers. I've noticed most of the staffs black cargo trousers look awful as they don't fit and the grey t shirt just doesn't look smart. I noticed one Station adviser at the Monument last week and he was wearing normal black trousers a proper grey shirt and a tie and he looked exceptionally smart. The majority of staff look terrible compared to what other companies look like. What does everyone else think?

Thank you.

Probably the cheapest uniform you can get.

Gas18

I've read on here that they have just started a course from the last intake. Does anybody have an idea or" inside information" lol, when they next will be looking for drivers. Contacted HR and they stated just to keep checking the website. Thanks in advance.

Established Member
I've read on here that they have just started a course from the last intake. Does anybody have an idea or" inside information" lol, when they next will be looking for drivers. Contacted HR and they stated just to keep checking the website. Thanks in advance.

Most likely next year at the earliest. The current course will probably be finished training by the end of the year, so it depends on what if more drivers leave/retire.

Gas18

Most likely next year at the earliest. The current course will probably be finished training by the end of the year, so it depends on what if more drivers leave/retire.

Thanks for that, I haven't had the chance to apply on the last recruitment campaigns because I've been working abroad. It's the job I've dreamed of since being a little lad riding on the Metro. I guess I'll just have to wait !:D

Status
Not open for further replies.