• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Type 1 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vicktrick

Thank you so much for the reply. That’s brilliant. I’m on a pump and have been for many years as well as a CGM but just wasn’t sure. Thanks once again.

You must be able to demonstrate good control. I also use a CGM but have to use the old finger prick whilst at work as I can't have my phone on whilst driving. The doctor will also look for good hypo awareness.

vicktrick

Make sense. That’s good. I feel my hypos very early on and rarely have them and have never needed assistance etc... I also still finger prick approx 4 times a day to make sure cgm is playing ball so would be fine if they were required. Cheers you’ve been a great help.

Dents123

Hi sorry to bring up an old subject, I’m currently applying for an operative job for network rail and I have type 1 diabetes. Will they even consider me?

vicktrick

I think they’re really up to date with type 1 these days and I think youre ok as long as it’s not a job where you’ll be working alone. Obviously you will have to have medical tests etc but you will def be considere. Contact network rail

Dents123

I think they’re really up to date with type 1 these days and I think youre ok as long as it’s not a job where you’ll be working alone. Obviously you will have to have medical tests etc but you will def be considere. Contact network rail

thanks for reply yeah I have been researching I’m just worried that if they’re is 20 others applying my cv will be thrown to the back after they read “type 1 diabetic”

Status
Not open for further replies.