• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uber ticketing

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
As in 1000 for my first eligible journey, in addition to 500 for each eligible journey?

That doesn't really explain the "That means up to 6,000 bonus Avios, from as little as 6 Uber rides, are up for grabs this month." which would imply 1000 bonus for each journey up to a maximum of 6000.
1000 per Uber Reserve, Uber Travel (including coach, rail, and Eurostar) and premium Uber (Exec or Lux) trips
500 per UberX, UberXL, Uber Assist, Uber Access, Uber Comfort, Uber Pet, Uber Green

So 6 train journeys would hit the 6k limit
Or 3 train journeys (3*1k=3k) and 6 UberX journeys (500*6=3k)

I think the "500 or 1,000 bonus Avios available to be awarded as part of this offer can only be applied to a BAEC account once" is purely a thing that makes sure a bonus can only applied to one account one time, rather than having the same 1000 from the same train trip there twice. Not entirely sure why it needs to be put into words like that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

How much is the fee to change a Advance ticket on uber please?

The FAQs just say: "In the case of tickets with an Advance fare, you can exchange your ticket by first booking a new one for the same route but a different date/time, and then claiming a refund on the original booking."

James H

As I noted in the special offers thread, there have been some improvements to the app recently including Apple Wallet integration for eTickets

Purple Train

Established Member
Adverts for Uber tickets have been popping up for it on YouTube. Filmed in Greater Anglia land. With 755s. And the passenger in the advert always has a ticket that shouldn't be used anywhere near Greater Anglia - London to Manchester, London to Glasgow... It's really annoying! One even has the passenger asking the driver if it's the Portsmouth train!

Last edited:

superalbs

Established Member
Along with all the other cashback, I'm currently getting 500 BA Avios for every rail journey booked on the Uber App. There's a max of 5,000 Avios per user.

So at the moment, their advertising team's chat GPT will probably be writing a paper on why someone in Bucks is regularly making one way journeys between stations miles away.
How do you get the 500 Avios deal?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
How do you get the 500 Avios deal?
It was theoretically by invitation only - in practice I think you just needed to be signed up to marketing emails from BA. It's ended now anyway.

mad_rich

Are most folk getting their 10% Uber credit quickly? My datapoints are

Bought Advance 23/11, travelled 24/11, credited 25/11
*Bought Off-peak Single 25/11, travelled 26/11, waiting
*Bought Advance 28/11, travelled 28/11, waiting
*Bought Advance 28/11, travelled 28/11, waiting
Bought Anytime Day Single 28/11, travelled 28/11, waiting

* Have been subject to Delay Repay claims via the operator, but I can't imagine that would stop the rebate in any way?

Separately, they've all appeared in my BA statement with the base Avios (1 per £), so I'm reasonably confident that the bonus Avios will arrive within 28 days.

Edvid

Established Member
It's been variable in my experience - some arrive quickly, some arrive over a week later (their terms promise no longer than 10 days after journey completion). On one occasion I sent an email to customer services after the window elapsed and they claimed it was 10 working days (I replied to inform them no such qualification was in their terms), but they did manually credit my account the day after.
* Have been subject to Delay Repay claims via the operator, but I can't imagine that would stop the rebate in any way?
Unless I'm mistaken Delay Repay claims do not affect non-TOC third-party retailers like Uber, so I'm inclined to agree.

mad_rich

Ha, I've seen 'day inflation' like that. 10 days becomes 10 working days in someone's head, which then gets rounded up to 14 days :rolleyes:

sot

If you buy open return svr tickets then it will put the full month before you get credits or the planned return journey if you set that earlier

winks

Around 7 days for me. Pretty happy with the Uber credits so far. Especially when delay repay can be applied for on top.
Does anyone know when the 10% cash back offer expires ?

mangyiscute

Established Member
Around 7 days for me. Pretty happy with the Uber credits so far. Especially when delay repay can be applied for on top.
Does anyone know when the 10% cash back offer expires ?
Its currently end of February but keeps getting extended (it got extended from December to February quite recently)

mad_rich

There is currently 10% off Uber gift cards at Amazon. Max £150 per transaction, max £200 per day I believe.

The reduced price shows in your basket when you go through to checkout.

setdown

How much is the fee to change a Advance ticket on uber please?

The FAQs just say: "In the case of tickets with an Advance fare, you can exchange your ticket by first booking a new one for the same route but a different date/time, and then claiming a refund on the original booking."
After booking a new advance ticket, I got a full refund for the original advance ticket that I was no longer using.

mad_rich

Bonus Avios from the November promotion seem to have posted.

In my case, I only got half what I expected. I was offered 1000 per booking, up to 6000. I made five bookings, but only received 2500 Avios.

I'll give them another week - T&Cs say 28 days from the end of November - then chase it up.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Bonus Avios from the November promotion seem to have posted.

In my case, I only got half what I expected. I was offered 1000 per booking, up to 6000. I made five bookings, but only received 2500 Avios.

I'll give them another week - T&Cs say 28 days from the end of November - then chase it up.
I wasn't aware of any 1000 Avios per booking offers - as far as I knew everyone was getting an offer of 500 Avios per booking, which have posted correctly at 4000 total Avios for me.

mad_rich

I wasn't aware of any 1000 Avios per booking offers - as far as I knew everyone was getting an offer of 500 Avios per booking, which have posted correctly at 4000 total Avios for me.
There were quite a few variations of the offer I think.

Mine was definitely 1000.

paul1609

Established Member
I take it "associate staff" forum members dont get the "special" deal that "staff members" get from UK Railforum tickets then? ;)

James H

Last week I bought an off-peak return from Elephant & Castle to Tonbridge (including cross-London marker) - it appeared that Uber was willing to issue this as an e-ticket. I of course chose ToD so I don't know what would have happened if I opted for an e-ticket but it may be one for @alistairlees to look at

alistairlees

Established Member
Last week I bought an off-peak return from Elephant & Castle to Tonbridge (including cross-London marker) - it appeared that Uber was willing to issue this as an e-ticket. I of course chose ToD so I don't know what would have happened if I opted for an e-ticket but it may be one for @alistairlees to look at
Thanks. Something going wrong there clearly. We'll investigate and (I hope) fix next week.

ashley84

We tried Uber ticketing for the first time yesterday. We bought Anytime Day Singles from Coventry to Selly Oak, for 2 adults + 4 kids with Family and Friends railcard. All seemed fine except that one of the 6 barcodes wasn't accepted by the barcode readers at the barriers at Coventry (the other 5 were fine.) Not sure whether this was a ticket issue or a barrier issue, but was a little disconcerting.

We are also looking to buy some Anytime Returns from Selly Oak to Cheltenham Spa tomorrow (2 Jan), again 2 adults + 4 kids with Family and Friends railcard. CrossCountry's own app offers two prices, £104.20 and £200.80 - not sure what the difference as as they are both Anytime Returns. However Uber is only quoting the £200.80 price.

I can't even see on BRFares where the £200.80 price is coming from. The only Anytime Return it lists is £33.10 adult / £9.50 child which works out to the £104.20 price. So I don't think I'm going to be using Uber for this.

MrJeeves

Established Member
I can't even see on BRFares where the £200.80 price is coming from. The only Anytime Return it lists is £33.10 adult / £9.50 child which works out to the £104.20 price. So I don't think I'm going to be using Uber for this.
It appears to match the Railcard undiscounted cost.

alistairlees

Established Member
We tried Uber ticketing for the first time yesterday. We bought Anytime Day Singles from Coventry to Selly Oak, for 2 adults + 4 kids with Family and Friends railcard. All seemed fine except that one of the 6 barcodes wasn't accepted by the barreaders at the barriers at Coventry (the other 5 were fine.) Not sure whether this was a ticket issue or a barrier issue, but was a little disconcerting.
If you DM me your order details we'll take a look at the barcodes, though I would have thought they would all be the same (other than for fare / passenger differences).

Possible other causes:
- you presented one of the barcodes twice (easily done when there are so many!)
- an issue with the barcode reader, as you suggest

mangyiscute

Established Member
Ah yes that's it, thank you. For some reason the railcard had dropped off somewhere along the way.
Yeah on uber, you have to add the railcard each time manually and it is really easy to miss that it isn't there - happens to me all of the time. Although with the amount of "I didn't realise I had a railcard discount applied because it just does it automatically" threads we get, perhaps this is the better system, rather than auto applying whatever was used last.

Adam Williams

Established Member
Although with the amount of "I didn't realise I had a railcard discount applied because it just does it automatically" threads we get, perhaps this is the better system, rather than auto applying whatever was used last.
No matter what approach you take, you'll get people bitching about it!

xkcd Workflow comment: text reads Every change breaks someone's workflow. See https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1172:_Workflow

Last edited: