• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ugliest Bus Liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

WM Bus

I am sure there was a pic on flickr where one of the fleet was already in green before the Streetlites had been sent? If its not West Midlands would it be any of the other NX groups ie Coventry? Its just a pity had I remembered where I seen the pic on flickr I could post it
No, only 2 ex Dundee streetlites are in Dundee green.
There is a bus at Wolverhampton Depot in Green as well. But thats one of the special heritage liveries and only 4535 carries that and not the same colour scheme used in Dundee.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I am sure there was a pic on flickr where one of the fleet was already in green before the Streetlites had been sent? If its not West Midlands would it be any of the other NX groups ie Coventry? Its just a pity had I remembered where I seen the pic on flickr I could post it

Would that not perhaps be one of the E200MMCs that was repainted down south before being transferred to Dundee?

kez19

Established Member
No, only 2 ex Dundee streetlites are in Dundee green.
There is a bus at Wolverhampton Depot in Green as well. But thats one of the special heritage liveries and only 4535 carries that and not the same colour scheme used in Dundee.

I maybe throwing a spanner here thats probably as close to what I remember I seen on flickr, the picture I remember seeing on Flickr was as if someone had seen the bus from above (a building ie multi storey car park?), maybe it was this bus but its close enough

Does NX use green anywhere else apart from Dundee?

EDIT: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jason...a1sEE-2ja3ETc-2j9YBjc-2j9FBme-2j9CjMU-2j9ANx2

I know this is a single decker....

I know its slightly off topic but doesn't National Express West Midlands livery look like Lothian Buses?? ....

Last edited:

kez19

Established Member
Would that not perhaps be one of the E200MMCs that was repainted down south before being transferred to Dundee?

It was a double decker as far as I remember it wasn't a single decker. If anything its quite possible it is a Platinum bus as mentioned but its probably the angle it was taken and the colour scheme (even though it grey/green - the picture possibly made it look all green)

Last edited:

WM Bus

Does NX use green anywhere else apart from Dundee?

EDIT: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jason...a1sEE-2ja3ETc-2j9YBjc-2j9FBme-2j9CjMU-2j9ANx2

I know this is a single decker....
Coventry uses blue and grey, West Midlands uses Red and grey, Dundee uses Green. They did used to have some Hybrids in the Green and White livery unitl a few years ago as well (The same Hybrid livery that was used in Dundee).

Though if you include the route branding like on that Coventry Bus, the X1 & X2 on the Coventry Road and 9 & X10 on the Hagley Road have Green Route Branding as well.

Last edited:

kez19

Established Member
Coventry uses blue and grey, West Midlands uses Red and grey, Dundee uses Green. They did used to have some Hybrids in the Green and White livery unitl a few years ago as well (The same Hybrid livery that was used in Dundee).

Though if you include the route branding like on that Coventry Bus, the X1 & X2 on the Coventry Road and 9 & X10 on the Hagley Road have Green Route Branding as well.

If it was one of the newer buses in the pic I saw, which was similar I would go with the one X10 is the closest as it carries the green (NXWM 6932), just to add it must have been the angle the picture was taken making it look more of the Xplore Dundee green but in fact it was grey?

You are right regarding the hybrid colours as the colour scheme was the same with the previous buses that Xplore use to own which are now with NXWM I believe? (but now repainted altogether)

py_megapixel

Established Member
Not my photo! The whole logic behind the "Local" and "Long Distance" names is flawed, in reality the Scottish ops are just going to paint buses in the local livery and coaches in the long distance livery despite the fact many buses do long distance routes.
I can see Stagecoach Gold vehicles getting the Long Distance livery, not only because their routes tend to be long distance but also because the yellow is pretty close to being describable as gold, so might aid the transition for passengers a bit.

Pat1105

EDIT: I am beginning to wonder the pic I saw on flickr was indeed a Platinum bus but possibly the way it was shot (ie say sun reflecting) it could look like a green bus (possibility?)
It was probably 731.

kez19

Established Member
They said it was a double decker though. And 731 was never used in Dundee Green in the West Midlands, so wouldn't have been seen from a building/multi storey car park.

I’m sending everyone on a goose chase apologies here, the picture I remember was definitely taking above somewhere hence I suggested multi storey car park (never been to the Midlands and no idea what’s in the area)

kez19

Established Member
It was probably 731.

As mentioned it was more of a double deck than a single deck, it could well be it’s one of the Platinum buses in the area and the angle of photo took a picture of a grey looking bus but turned it a bit green, I have noticed this even on my iPhone 11 pending on shots so it is a possibility that this has happened

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
Coach rather than bus (though they did operate school services in this livery), but hands down the worst livery I have ever seen:

3.jpg

kez19

Established Member
Not ugly but well at least they seem straight to the point.... :E:E:E

Pat1105

I quite like that. It’s simple, easy on the eyes and looks smart. As you say... straight to the point!

py_megapixel

Established Member

I agree with @Pat1105 - my only complaint would usually be that it's plain white but when your company name is literally "white bus" I think it works quite well...

Bus Lightyear

These are my candidates for the ugliest liveries I've seen. I don't have much time for drab, uninspiring and unfinished liveries.

Not my photos, credit to the photographers.

richw

Veteran Member
I asked on the Go Cornwall forum pages who designed the TfC livery and was told that it was Go Cornwall / GoAhead, not the Council.

Semi correct. Council wanted a single block colour. GA went red. If you look carefully they don’t know their Red paint code, there is multiple different shades of red. Most obvious where some you find a vehicle that’s had some panels swapped around from other vehicles. There is one particular vehicle sporting 4 different reds (5 if you count the red duck tape)

Status
Not open for further replies.