• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK's Best Roller Coaster/ Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Puppetfinger

Think for me it has to be toss up between Galatica/Air and Nemesis. I would highlight I have only been to the Towers and Thorpe Park in the UK. I do really like the phone position of Galatica/Air.

Is Blackpool worth the journey for someone very much based down South?

Elsewhere, undoubtedly the Rockin' Rollercoaster in Paris, and whatever Marvel theme it has been renamed in Florid.

Butts

Veteran Member
Think for me it has to be toss up between Galatica/Air and Nemesis. I would highlight I have only been to the Towers and Thorpe Park in the UK. I do really like the phone position of Galatica/Air.

Elsewhere, undoubtedly the Rockin' Rollercoaster in Paris, and whatever Marvel theme it has been renamed in Florid.

What about Smiler ?

If you have a quiet day at Blackpool definitely, we went on Big One three times in a row with no queue.

jb108822

How many decent rides has PA got ?

Is it a serious rival to AT ?
Can’t remember off the top of my head, but it’s got a good number of rides. Something like 10 coasters, maybe? One thing I’ll say, though, is that Furius Baco is one of the worst coasters I’ve ever been on. The launch is good, but after that, it’s thoroughly unpleasant. A friend of mine went on it as their first-ever ride at the park while hungover on sangría, and it was a huge mistake for him. :p

oxfordray1

I think, even after all these years, it's still Nemesis for me, with Swarm at Thorpe Park a close second.

I personally would very much recommend Blackpool Pleasure Beach, on the proviso you go on the right day (although the same applies to Blackpool in general if you get my gist). When we visited, we thought we would enjoy going on the old rides merely for heritage and curiosity value. However they still pack a really good punch. Further the force on the back row of The Big One is insane!

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
I've only been to Thorpe Park, Chessington and Southend but my favorite has to be The Swarm at Thorpe Park. A got a night ride on The Swarm once and it was genuinley one of my favorite experiences ever. Its just not very intense but just pure fun. The seats are so comfortable as well.

Honorable mentions to Colossus, Nemisis Inferno and Saw at Thorpe Park and Rage at Southend. Front row on Saw is amazing, and Nemisis Inferno is so much fun as well. Rage at Southend is also really good, and very underated I would say.

Colossus would be my favorite, but its got a little rough in recent years, still an absolutely brilliant ride though, particuarly the consecutive rolls at the end. Drop always catches you out as well.

telstarbox

Established Member
Blackpool is very good value for the price, apart from the Big One we've never had to queue for more than a few minutes on summer weekends. Plus the beach and tramway are good! Last time we stayed at the Premier Inn on Yeadon Way which is walkable to BPB, that was fine.

Butts

Veteran Member
Blackpool is very good value for the price, apart from the Big One we've never had to queue for more than a few minutes on summer weekends. Plus the beach and tramway are good! Last time we stayed at the Premier Inn on Yeadon Way which is walkable to BPB, that was fine.

Also a Spoons right next to it virtually for a cheap Breakfast / Drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.