• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Underground train reverses 200m for man who missed his stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng1980

Just posting this story as I thought it might be of interest:

In Seoul, the capital of South Korea, a man missed his stop, apparently because the door did not open. It is reported that he threatened and abused the driver through the emergency intercom. The driver, after obtaining permission from control, reversed the train back into the station. It is not stated which end of the train he did this from, but it appears to be from the front without any mention of rear end supervision. However, safety doors are now fitted at most underground stations in Seoul. Approximately 700 people were on board and this caused delays to other trains on the line.

The Korea Times:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/12/117_100649.html

I will attempt to post other rail-related stories from South Korea when they are released.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Wouldn't dare do it in North Korea or the People's Republic of China though for obvious reasons...

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Pity there was not a big man aboard who could have kept him on the train.

Established Member
Age 13 I was on the way back from Deeside Ice Rink on a BR 153 service from Shotton to Bidston and the driver forgot me at Neston. Guard had not checked tickets, and it was well late.

Train sailed past Neston at 30mph, and the cab door at the front swung open....
"Oh cr..... " shouted the guard.

Needless to say they backed it up into Neston within a minute or two. Won't see that happen nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.