• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unit 1410

Status
Not open for further replies.

03_179

Established Member
Hi all,

From my haulage log over the years I have unit number 1410 on a service out of Victoria.

This was in 2004.

Can anyone tell me the class please?

Also is there anywhere that has full list of all withdrawn units (inc vehicle numbers) i.e. 412/415/VEPs/EPBs etc. ?

I know ABRAIL site has all the current items on it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deepgreen

Established Member
Were they designated as 4COP units?

Yes - they started as significantly re-built 3 car units (3COPs) but some gained the extra trailer in 2004 to become 4COPs. I don't know when/if 1410 became a 4COP in 2004, so the OP may have travelled on it in either formation.

03_179

Established Member
Yes - they started as significantly re-built 3 car units (3COPs) but some gained the extra trailer in 2004 to become 4COPs. I don't know when/if 1410 became a 4COP in 2004, so the OP may have travelled on it in either formation.

It would have been a 4 car unit on the day. Very rare to have 3 car units.

Thank you all for the info.

Just need to locate the old EMU and DMU units inc vehicles info.

Downlander

And furthermore I think i'm correct in saying the TS coaches were robbed from 17XX phase one units on the scrap line, meaning they stood out when walking through the 4COPs due to their far superior seat cushions and side headrests.

When the 4COPs were withdrawn however, ISTR they had to be split again as the phase 1 TS coaches were owned by a different ROSCO to the phase 2 units and had to go to different scrap yards!

Status
Not open for further replies.