• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

units from halifax ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boro10

trying to find out what units/stock run from halifax ( I know class 180 do to london ) but what units do northern use to and from halifax ? can not seem to find it anywhere on internet !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The northern random unit generator produces anything in classes 142/144/150 &158. I assume 155 & 153 also turn up form time to time

Spartacus

Established Member
Yeah, 153s & 155s are regular too, though strangely seldom combinations of the two. Once in a blue moon there might be a 156, but they're a rarity in West Yorkshire on anything apart from Victoria - Huddersfield trains.

pemma

Veteran Member
The northern random unit generator produces anything in classes 142/144/150 &158. I assume 155 & 153 also turn up form time to time

Calder Valley may be a route which has each type of DMU Northern have booked to work on it. Although I've heard 144s are not as common as they were a couple of years ago and I've seen 158s on the Huddersfield-Halifax-Leeds service recently when that service used to be almost exclusively 142s and 144s.

EDIT: After reading the above post, which was posted while I was typing, I forget about 156s and don't think any are booked to operate east of Rochdale.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Calder Valley may be a route which has each type of DMU Northern have booked to work on it. Although I've heard 144s are not as common as they were a couple of years ago and I've seen 158s on the Huddersfield-Halifax-Leeds service recently when that service used to be almost exclusively 142s and 144s.

not aware of any regular 156 workings but otherwise i think you will be right

I believe that once the new fleet arrives 2019 onwards rolling stock will be moved around the network.

Halifax is one of the routes named as a northern connect service. So new nrolling stock will be on this route from Liverpool via Rochdale , Hebdon Bridge.

In my opinion the 158s will be moved to longer commuter routes that go across the Pennines rather than short services.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I believe that once the new fleet arrives 2019 onwards rolling stock will be moved around the network.

Halifax is one of the routes named as a northern connect service. So new nrolling stock will be on this route from Liverpool via Rochdale , Hebdon Bridge.

In my opinion the 158s will be moved to longer commuter routes that go across the Pennines rather than short services.

It's worth noting that not all Northern Connect services will be 195s. 158s will continue to make up the numbers, while the Huddersfield via Brighouse will be 150s/155s. The non-Connect Calder Valley services will most likely be Turbostars.

pemma

Veteran Member
It's worth noting that not all Northern Connect services will be 195s. 158s will continue to make up the numbers, while the Huddersfield via Brighouse will be 150s/155s. The non-Connect Calder Valley services will most likely be Turbostars.

Which will be the Southport-Victoria-Halifax-Dewsbury-Leeds services.

Geeves

Established Member
You can see a 156 at Todmorden on the Blackburn Rochdale Wigan jobs if you want a short ride down the line. Pretty much no 144s east of Hebden Bridge these days on the Calder Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.