• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unreserved coach on VT East Coast serices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetheguard

Established Member
I'm travelling on the East Coast Main Line for the first time for a while on Thursday this week: 11.00 from Kings Cross to Berwick. I'm coming back the following Sunday morning, not yet decided on which train.

I've not booked seats; can someone tell me which coach(es) on VTEC trains are unreserved - both HST's and in Mk4's, please. I know this has been posted before, some time ago, but I've been unable to find it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
HSTs don't have any unreserved coaches any more, but the half-coach with the cafe-bar is unreservable on MkIVs.

Romilly

Established Member
The seat selector in VTEC's online booking system, except where a preference is expressed for the quiet coach, seems to try to fill up Coach C seats first, although when booking online on the VTEC site it is generally possible to switch to a seat of your own choosing. But this tends to mean that, if you don't have a reservation, boarding through the doors between Coaches D and E is likely to give you best access to unreserved seats.

davetheguard

Established Member
Thanks to everyone for their help.

In the end we had no problem getting seats in coach B (there doesn't seem to be a coach A anymore?) next to the 91 in both directions; although being amongst the first to board at Kings Cross definitely helped.

We had a great time in Berwick, and the weather on the Friday was beautiful and sunny; unlike almost everywhere else in England, judging by all the reports of torrential rain and events being complete washouts or cancelled!

brompton rail

Thanks to everyone for their help.

In the end we had no problem getting seats in coach B (there doesn't seem to be a coach A anymore?) next to the 91 in both directions; although being amongst the first to board at Kings Cross definitely helped.

We had a great time in Berwick, and the weather on the Friday was beautiful and sunny; unlike almost everywhere else in England, judging by all the reports of torrential rain and events being complete washouts or cancelled!

coach A is the bike space in VTEC HSTs. i think bike space in Mk 4s is coach P (DVT)

Status
Not open for further replies.