• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unsuccessful at EMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

123chick123

Hi

I was unsuccessful for the EMR CSO at Leicester vacancy

What sort of feedback has anyone received if they were unsuccessful?

I really want to apply again but I am put off as I really don't know what /who they want!

How often do these positions come up, I know I need to wait 6 months and want to prepare better for the next time I get a chance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Hi

I was unsuccessful for the EMR CSO at Leicester vacancy

What sort of feedback has anyone received if they were unsuccessful?

I really want to apply again but I am put off as I really don't know what /who they want!

How often do these positions come up, I know I need to wait 6 months and want to prepare better for the next time I get a chance

Have you tried asking them?!

C J Snarzell

Established Member
123chick

You should always ask for feedback if you've been unsuccessful. You may find that sometimes your request may be ignored - it's often the case that HR people are very busy and sadly you are yesterdays news in recruitment but like I said just ask!

The 6 month thing always feels like a double smack in the chops but I believe some TOCs implement this. I myself had a few knock backs last year and the best thing to do is just keep plugging away at new vacancies that crop up - however the 6 month barrier does seem a little unfair, you've always got the option of applying with another TOC in the meantime.

Commiserations at not being successful but please take note that's its not the end of the world and you will find something if you persever enough.

Good luck.

CJ

benjc

Hope you manage to get some feedback; I recently requested feedback and the team were so helpful, I found it very useful

123chick123

It's just so frustrating , I know I am more than capable of the job, and now I've see the job come up again , I am counting down the months to apply again

Status
Not open for further replies.